Chapter 12: Hungry?

Author's Note: Hey, sorry I haven't updated in a little while. I'm finished with the next chapter as your reading this because this is the next chapter. Anyway, sorry and on with the chapter and off with the gigantic breaks!

P.S: Fall break is coming real soon (Real soon as in right now) so expect some make up time there! :D

Now that he was human, and now that she officially, from what I could tell, wish he was dead, I kinda regret more things. Like I regret my regret from when I first in the massive field. She reminded me the feeling I should've felt. A late feeling that's only coming to me now that she's here.

So if it takes my mother for me to realize that he tried to kill me. The same one who I saved from an endless wheat field, the same one who saved me and helped me and guided me. And yet, the same one who I'm trying to fall in love with.

But I'm not going to hate him now. I will be more aware, and I should try to stay calm. I don't want him to hate me, and our relationship is the same. The last thing I want is an Ex-Employee of Aperture slamming the door and thinking he can live somewhere else without telling them everything. It was hard enough to find a landlord when he tells them, let alone one that isn't always snooping.

I looked up at him. He had his glasses off for some reason and he was talking to Rick. They seemed to be getting along okay now. Not arguing like they used to. Now that he's human, he's like a toddler Wheatley. I'm mostly gonna have to teach him a lot of things. Eating, probably. He probably hadn't eaten in the longest time. He's skinny as he is, but I don't want him to choke on something.

I thought of a few things - Some more healthy things - for him to eat. Fruits came to mind first, they were always my go-to when I looked for something healthy. I'm not worried about him becoming fat, but I'm worried about him asking me for pizza every 4 minutes. I tried to think of a few basic fruits. The first thing that came to mind was 'apple'. Believe it or not, this had happened much more times than I'd like it to and it's actually starting to bug me. This reminded me how he thought, and still does think that I have brain damage.

I didn't bother looking for one, he would've choked so easily. It's hard to believe people can be that fragile. I sighed and looked around in some cupboards and cabinets for something else. Maybe just a drink will work, but he still looks pretty hungry. Soup, maybe. It's a liquid but it usually can fill you up. Tomato should do alright, I just hope he doesn't find it too hot.

Tomato soup it is, I decided. If he finds it hot, I can wait for it to cool down. I walked over to the counter where the sink is and opened a drawer. My can opener should work. I started opening the can up, not even thinking about how to make it properly. I'd honestly just gone out to the store as soon as I had money and bought food and furniture. I didn't know any recipes at all, I usually just made a sandwich.

So I just sat there with an open can of cold tomato soup in front of me, thinking of what I should do with it. I decided to just dump it out, I had more food than I had thought that I needed anyway. I need something simple. A sandwich would probably work. It's hard to choke on bread or any lunch meats, but that could just be me. A sandwich should be good enough.

I re-opened one of the cupboards and yanked out my last loaf of bread when Wheatley noticed me.

"Oh, hey. I didn't even notice you got up. Uh, how's... Whatever you're doing over there going for you? No, that sounded mean, you shouldn't have said that."

I just shrugged and laughed a bit at his muttering. So I know that he definitely cares for me. I couldn't really say it was going well. I wasted a can of tomato soup. Thankfully, he kept to himself and wasn't curious enough to barge into (or even try and help) this. At least he had his glasses back on. He probably had no idea what they were for, and taking them of he realized that they helped his vision.