Alone

(GeromexCynthia

I quickly wrote this because it's Gerome's birthday yay.)

***

Gerome walked out of his tent and into the morning sun. September 1st. It was his birthday.

Oh great, he thought. People are going to be surrounding me all day.

He slowly walked, trying to avoid anyone who was near. That didn't work, for he felt a small finger poke his arm. He jumped back. It was only his friend, Cynthia, though.

"Heya, Gerome!" she greeted with enthusiasm.

"What do you need?" he replied in his usual cold tone.

"I heard it was your birthday!"

"Who told you?!"

"Your mom!"

"How did she find out?!" He felt a bit of betrayal with her remark.

"Minvera, of course!" Cynthia let out a giggle. That giggle alone made Gerome forget that both his mother and wyvern betrayed his privacy. It was that kind of giggle that just made him want to laugh with her. Despite these thoughts, though, Gerome kept his mysterious demeanor in tact.

"So... do you want to go riding later?" she asked.

He was hesitant to answer. He never wanted to make connections with anyone in the past- even his friends from the future- but something was different from today. It was his birthday. For some reason, now, he didn't want to be alone today.

"Sure."