Stronger

(MaribellexDonnel

WOW I'M NOT DOING A CHILD PAIRING I'M SO PROUD.

Also, I'm not sure if this technically spoilers, but there's a lot of references to their supports in here.)

***

The medical tent was busy that afternoon. A sudden bandit attack occurred that day, leaving many Shepherds fatigued, wounded, or both. Maribelle and Lissa ran from person to person, trying to heal as many people they can, as fast as they can. A sudden gasp came from Maribelle as she saw her next convalescent.

"Donnel?" she exclaimed.

Donnel was a recruit that came from a farm. He donned no armor save for the tin pot on his head and was terribly weak in comparison to the others. However, Maribelle soon learned how hard-working and persistent he is after giving him a set of laws to memorize. Quite the diamond in the rough.

"Hiya, Maribelle!" he replied with a stupid grin on his face. For some reason, he had his hand on his shoulder.

"Donnel, what happened? Why are you gripping your shoulder?"

Donnel looked down in shame and slowly took his hand (which was now covered in blood) off his shoulder to reveal a diagonal slash with blood oozing out of it. "I-it's just a flesh wound..."

Maribelle sighed and pulled bandages out of her health bag. "No need to be so humble..."

As she began to address his wound, Donnel said, "This ain't the worst wound I've gotten."

"I know, but you should putting yourself in the enemy's line of fire. All your trips here really worry me..."

"But how will I get stronger?"

Maribelle suddenly stopped wrapping the bandage and looked up. "You don't need to be a warrior to be strong, Donnel."

He gulped. "Y-yes, ma'am."

She eventually tied a small knot to finish and dismissed Donnel if he pleased. He quickly walked out, eager to greet his friends outside. Maribelle smiled, knowing he might become some sort of hero one day...

(AN: GUYS, DO YOU SEE THE PARALLELS IN MY ONE-SHOTS? OMG)