Training

(Stahl x Olivia

Guys, 1K reads on this baby.

Guys.)

***

For Stahl, a typical day consisted of mostly training, eating, helping around the camp, and chatting with his fellow troops every once and a while. Today, well, was nothing out-of-the-ordinary. It was the afternoon, the sun was about to set, and Stahl was training before dinner. His stomach roared, but he payed no attention to it. He swung his sword at an old practice dummy, leaving a rather large mark in its wooden torso. Afterwards, he heard a small, feminine voice squeak, "St-Stahl?"

Stahl turned around to see Olivia sheepishly holding an iron sword behind her. She kept her eyes on the ground, and her face was a deep crimson. This was, no doubt, due to her shy nature. She and Stahl hadn't talked much before, so in response, he gave her a warm smile and said, "Hey, Olivia. Something I can help you with?"

"Um... I was hoping that you'd maybe... help train me?" Her violet eyes locked on his green ones very briefly.

"Of course!" He waved at her to come over. Olivia slowly walked over, holding the sword in her right hand.

Stahl stepped to the left of the dummy and said, "Well, have at it."

Olivia looked at him in shock and worry before saying, "I-I'm not sure how to do this..."

"It's easy! Just pretend the dummy is actually an enemy trying to attack you."

Stahl could hear her gulp. It was very clear that she took his advice. With a swing and a twack!, Olivia managed to leave a scar right next to the one Stahl had made earlier. She turned to face Stahl with a bashful smile.

He simply smiled back and said, "See? You're pretty good already, and I'll help you become even better!"

(AN: Thanks so much for reading, guys! I'm just so happy so many people have read [or re-read] this! I'm so sorry for my inactivity. Hopefully, you guys can still read this one and more to come.)