Chapter 13

This sucks. Like really sucks. If you're wondering what sucks, it's being just friends with Kaden. No, don't get me wrong, he's an amazing friend. It sucks that we were so close to having something, but fell apart before anything could happen.

It's been a week. We still talk like we used to but it just doesn't feel the same anymore. I mean, we act the same way, but it just feels really off. I'm not sure if he notices it either but I definitely do.

I sigh as I flop down onto my bed after a long day of school. School can be so exhausting. I grabbed my phone looking to see if anyone texted me.

Nope.

Just as I put my phone down it beeped. I looked at the screen and saw a text from Skyler. She demanded to see me. I slowly got up from my bed and walked to our usual meeting spot, which was basically the halfway point between our houses underneath a large oak tree.

I saw her coming in the distance running towards me. I stopped underneath the tree and waited for her. She was barely panting when she arrived. She was a cross country runner.

"Oh my gosh Ash!" She basically yelled. I gave her a questioning look.

"What?" I asked wanting an explanation.

"Ok so I was walking downtown to get some ice cream and I saw Kaden with another girl!" Sky practically shouted.

My heart felt like someone picked it up, hit it with a hammer, and pitched it to a batter in the MLB and they hit it out of the park. But worse.

"W-what?" I managed to stutter out.

"You heard me," she said quietly. "It was that Blaire chick who's captain of the girls' volleyball team," sky explained.

I always thought Blaire was super pretty and really nice. I don't really know her that well to know what she's like though.

"C-can we go?"I asked Sky. She nodded and we walked to her house in silence.

___

Once there the first thing Sky did was run to the refrigerator and pulled out the ice cream. She grabbed two spoons and she clicked on the tv.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked me softly. I responded by shaking my head no.

We both turned our attention to the tv as we watched some dumb reality show with too much drama. But watching their drama made me feel better about my situation.

I was really dreading going to school on tomorrow. I don't want to be awkward around Kaden.

I stared at the screen of the tv not really paying attention. Sky decided to leave shortly after my parents got home from work.

I ate in silence while my parents told me about their day while I nodded my head to show I was listening when I really wasn't. I excused myself from the table and went to my room.

At the moment I felt disappointed. Disappointed that Kaden went out with Blaire. He chose her.

I need to accept that.

__

The next morning I woke up feeling different. I felt...

Angry.

Angry at myself because I was upset. I don't need him to be happy. I can be happy on my own.

With that I got up and was determined to make sure I would feel myself. Feel ok. Who needs him anyways?

A/N

Sorry I took forever to update. I've been pretty busy lately. This chapter is crappy but it's a chapter. Sorry it's really short.

How was your summer? Mine is almost over :(

Comment vote and follow :)