VII. Chain of Letters

Hi Mom,

Today is my first day at Fairy Tail. I couldn't wait to meet everyone. Heard they were a lively bunch. Wish I could get along with all of them. Wish me luck!

Love, Lucy

The sound of a page being flipped was heard inside the room.

Dear Mom,

Our first mission went swell. I mean, except for the part where I didn't get any reward though. And because of Natsu and Happy's idiotic ideas, I ended up wearing a maid's outfit! Could you believe it? Well, at least I know I had fun with them. See you later mom! Love you!

- Lucy

Hands started rummaging through the pile of letters that was before well-hidden inside the cabinet of a certain blond mage. It suddenly stopped on a letter that was coated with tears.

Mom,

I... couldn't believe father has already passed away. After seven long years, I felt like I haven't fulfilled the duty of being his daughter. I... I just hope that from now on, you'd enjoy his company there. I will always and forever love you two.

From your dearest daughter, Lucy

As the hand was about to put down the letter and leave, a certain mail with a heart drawn on the front caught the eye of the one reading.

Dear Mom and Dad,

Today is truly a very special day. My best friend proposed to me! From the very start, I already loved him. At first I thought he was too dense in sensing the feelings I had for him, but I was wrong. Our wedding will be scheduled next week, so I'll be going now!

- Lucy

A smile was.plastered across a certain pink-haired Dragon Slayer as he carefully placed the letters back to where it was and left.

On the top of Lucy's desk, a picture of her and Natsu was displayed, showing Lucy with the brightest smile, and Natsu's arm placed around her shoulders.