9

Mathew's POV

Walking in through the door, I shouted "honey I'm home" my usual entrance. I only come home early on days I know that Emma has been home all day by herself. I feel bad sometimes that I work so much, but it will pay off in the future.

Hanging my coat and messenger bag on the rack at the door, I walk over to a pale Emma to kiss her on the cheek and to give her a hug. "I'm sorry I'm late, the traffic was bad this evening." Kissing her neck I disengage and walk to the sofa.

Emma turned around with her hands clasped behind her back, " its okay dear, go on upstairs while I set up dinner." She said before walking to the kitchen to get started.

Emma's POV

I was seriously sweating, I really am about to do this. All of this work I've done might just go down the drain if this backfires on me. But I'm confident in Matt that he won't sabotage my mission.

It might have taken a while to convince me of it, but now I can proudly say this is my mission.

This is my mission and I will complete it, so the first step is I have to tell Matt. It might go smoother if I tell him later but I want to get this weight off my chest. It's kept me up all of these years late at night, just laying in bed with him at night just hurts my heart. I need to finish this mission soon, for my sake and my families. Its been five years, I have no information on whether they are looking for me but I want to go home. The constant looking over my shoulder to make sure I don't blow my cover, this has to end and I'll be the one ending it.

All my stressing all day gave me the need to focus on one thing all day, so I cooked a meal. Setting the table brings me back to the million conversations I've had with his grandfather over having grandchildren. Paul has begged me to give his son his dream of becoming a father, but the excuse I've given so far is "I'm not ready yet". Obviously I'm ready but I want to have kids with someone I love but who also loves me, but importantly someone I'm not fake married to for a mission.

Mathew's POV

Walking up to our bedroom, I was extremely tired. I could literally drop on the stairs and sleep for days. I remember on a date with emma I fell asleep whilst we were cuddling on the couch. It was around eight pm which wasn't late, but I hadn't slept all night so it was late to me. We were watching friends, which personally is my favorite TV show. I had to convince her to watch it, she wanted to watch CSI which I hate with a passion. After watching two episodes I started to drift off, but woke up to her tucking me in. After that date she knew I wasn't a night owl.

I decided to just change since emma wasn't here to tell me to shower, I don't know who likes to shower midday. It just seems stupid since I'll shower at night, getting changed I make my way downstairs to the dinning room.

Since meeting emma I've started to eat at the dinning room, before I'd just eat at the sofa with the game on. Walking to the kitchen I see emma lifting plates in one hand and cups in her other hand. I walk up to her and grab everything while giving her a kiss on the cheek, "I've got this darling," I say before walking out the kitchen.

Emma's POV

My god can't he just not be so nice all the time, this is seriously the reason why I can't keep the lies up any longer. This is the perfect man in every way and I feel like shit everyday I do this to him.

I have to to get this conversation started, but I don't know how, he looks so happy. I really think he suspects that my big talk tonight might be about having a baby. Obviously that isn't happening, I only have so long before Paul starts catching on. I am a bit suspicious, he runs a billion dollar illegal criminal organization and he hasn't caught on yet.

-----------

Sitting in the living room watching the game, I decide to fuck it and tell him. I'm telling him.

Picking up the remote, "hun, I think we need to talk."

I flinch as the huge smile erupts on his face. This isn't going to go well, I thought.

Mathew's POV

OH MY GOD, she's going to do it. I've waited for this day for ages, I've been a patient man but I need this. I'm happy she finally figured it out on her own.

I want a baby, and I want one with Emma.

Emma's POV

"OK, I have to tell you something." I said.

He turned towards me while fixing his position on the sofa. "Yes, about what?"

"I have grown to love you, and hope that after all of this that we can still salvage what we've come to develop." I decide to just jump right into it, there's no reason to bead around the bush we're going to get into it.

I can just picture now Matt going to his beloved grandfather and spilling everything I'm about to tell him. But I do hope he stays calm, listens and takes in the information.

This may be the beginning to the end.
----------
Next time on this life

Wiping my tears, I say to her "what do you mean your name isn't Emma Robertson." Suddenly he starts to spin his head around looking for something, "is this a joke, are you playing me?" Laughing insincerely he says, "yeah great job, you've got me you can cut the act now."

---------------
~IF YOU LIKED IT VOTE!!!!
~IF YOU LIKED IT SHARE!!!!
~IF YOU LIKED IT, TELL ME COMMENT!!!!!!