short oneshot: trippy

I wrote a short oneshot about the effects of death on a young women.

Excerpt:

Getting out of the doorway I make my way over to his mother Angela,  she raised her arms to hug me. Angela and I have a special relationship, she considered me a daughter considering she has four sons. She didn't know we broke up she wouldn't belive it anyway, she believed we were destined to be together. She belived our love was written in the stars. After giving her a hug I got to sit in the seat vic vacated for me, I grab onto chris's hand desperately. 

His surgery was for his injury from soccer. I used to be his number one fan, I never missed a game until the one that almost killed him. Now he has some type of deadly blood infection that's ruining his system. When I got the call I broke down in the middle of work, I was in the middle of a eight hour shift at the grocery store. Memories flash in my mind of Chris visiting me at work just to buy something to be in my checkout line just to kiss me. Staring now at his slightly blue lips I think of all the kisses we had. All the kisses I used to push him away during which I now regret. I feel so selfish. I should have stayed, taken care of him, should have made sure we left on a good note, should have taken one last kiss before this all happened.

Slowly caressing his face I wonder if he will survive this, he's too young to die. I don't know if I will be able to continue after he dies. Kissing his hand I get up and walk out the door, before I leave I make sure to tell his mother to call me if something happens. She gives me a sad look before giving me one more hug on my way out.

I wouldn't leave but I need to go to work today so I don't get fired when I tell my supervisor that I need the week off. I need to At least look like I care about this job, even though in the level of importance work is very low.

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/oAvzLHkZiv

I HOPE YOU ENJOY READING IT AND PLEASE LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK

        -THANKS