8: Rescue and escape

Mizuki lifted her head when a uchiha male came into the jail. He set a plate of food down. He turned to leave but not before scoffing at her. There was no way she could properly eat this. For two days she had been slowly and subtly creating crystal around the chains connecting to her cuffs just a few more hours and she will be able to shatter it.

    She bent as far as she could but only managed to grab the bread roll. Better than nothing. The smartest thing to do is to try and stay alive for as long as possible. Once she breaks the chains she will be able to make a run for it.

    Right then Madara came in. "I see your still defiant." She narrowed her eye and a crystal prism shout of the ground. He jumped back. "Hmph how pitiful. Your to tired and slow to get me by surprise." He walked over and stared her into the eye. "The fact you used no hand signs is interesting though." He grabbed a fist of her bangs and stared at the scar.

   "No wonder your so tough." He smirked, holding her chin now. She attempted to bite the offending hand. She did but he wasn't fazed by it. His hand was gloved to it didn't matter anyway. He chuckled and pulled it away. "I like your spirit. But you can't possibly imagine that you can lay a single scratch on me."

    Her cuffs break off from their chains at last and she slams hands into the floor. Spikes of magenta crystals shoot out towards him, forming a wall. Separating her and the door from him. Mizuki made a run for it. Dashing out the door and through the unfamiliar halls of the compound. She knew her weakness would be transferred into her crystal. She only has a few minutes before they shadow.

    It will take longer just to find and exit. Hmpf. Forget the building. Mizuki turns and ran to the garden fence which towered over. Her eye narrowed and she jumped, green crystal forming a platform. She lands on it and pushes off again, reaching higher. She twisted around and formed a kunai to deflect a shuriken. Crap, it's Izuna!

     She landed behind the fence and ran for the forest. Izuna was hot on her heals. Little sleep really put her at a disadvantage. Daring not to look back, she ran faster and faster. Suddenly she was grabbed from her collar and pulled back. "Ah-mmf!" Her mouth was covered before she could scream. Mizuki kicked and thrashed around. Quickly she spun and brought her crystal kunai around but a large pale hand caught her wrist.

"Nice to see you wouldn't hesitate to kill an enemy." That voice....

He watched recognition cross her teal eye so he takes his hand away from her mouth. "Tobirama....." She falls to her knees and lets out a long sigh of relief. "Thank god."

     Izuna appeared through the brush. "It's you." The venom in his voice made Tobirama narrow his eyes. "It seems things never change." He drew his sword, as did the Uchiha. He glanced down at Mizuki who had her face covered by her bangs so he could not tell if she was alright or not. He turns his attention back to Izuna. He moves in slowly before launching towards him. Their blades clash, the sound echoing through the woods.

    Being a Senju, Tobirama could go on for hours without becoming tired. But his priority was to get Mizuki back home. He made hand seals and water pools at his feet before twin serpents made of water rise out, going after Izuna. With him distracted, he grabs Mizuki and starts running. He looked down and noticed that she had fallen sleep. Physically she looked unharmed except for the bruises and chafed skin on her wrists and ankles. She felt lighter than normal as well. Despite all that, he was impressed that she managed to escape their compound by herself.

    "Nn....Don't take her.....Yuki......run..." He chuckled. She's still worrying about her sister even at this time. He heard a explosion behind him and felt the flame's heat on his back. The rest of the retrieval team will stop any pursuing Uchihas so he had no need to worry.