16: Candy

Tobirama got up early the next day for a long mission estimated to take up a month, or two if there were complications and bad weather. His feet carried him to a door within the complex. Steps being soundless as it was second nature for him. He usually startled Mizuki sometimes by entering a room without any noise to announce it. Amusing as it was, he still tried to make some sort of sound.

He slides the door open to reveal the ebony-violet haired woman sleeping soundlessly in her futon. White under robe fitting perfectly with her not to curvy and strong build. When she first came to the Senjus, he remembered, she was already somewhat strong, hinting at an active lifestyle but also one that required her to not slack. He kneels beside her and slipped an envelope out of his kimono shirt. Tobirama felt the need to give her a first hand explanation for his absence.

A lock of hair fell into the scarred area of her face. The scar she was always hiding at one point in time. He reaches over and pushed it behind her ear, the strands feeling like silk. Ever since the bathroom incident he still pondered what shallow people she was around before that would dismiss a attractive woman just for one flaw. The interrogation on her past would have to wait. He stood up and left the room. Mind reading was an option but he highly doubted it would earn any respect or trust.

_______________________________________________________________

It was only after another three hours that the crystal user woke to an obnoxious overly exaggerated voice speaking as if the owner was reading a Shakespeare play. Specifically the tone was the same way people liked to read 'to be or not to be'. She pushed her side bangs away from her good eye as she opens it just a crack. Yuki was reading a note. "To my beloved Mizuki, for thou is disheartened of the coming departure of thy maiden-"

"Yuki? What on earth are you reading?"

"Rabbit-sama's letter that he left you."

"Those words are not him."

"....I wish my journey to be swift so that I may return to your side.-" Yuki continued in her theatrics. Mizuki laughed while snatching the paper away. Tobirama was an intelligent man but was he in no way a poet.....unfortunately. Hey, she dreamed of a perfect prince once too. "Give me that you goof." Her eye skimmed the letter. No Shakespeare script words in sight, just straight forward and blunt sentences.

Mizuki,

A long term mission was given to me yesterday.

I leave early before you read this.

The estimated time is one or two months.

Keep practicing the jutsu I taught you and keep my brother in check while I'm away.

Tobirama Senju

She laughs again, shaking her head. "Always so formal on the names.....Hold on, is that....." Something in the corner caught her eye. Flipping the paper over she saw a doodle of shaggy wolf or dog. There were countless erase marks and smudges where the intentions of words are. Was he struggling to write a simple goodbye letter that much? And that drawing......is it the interpretation of his nickname wolf- man? This was surprising yet also makes her think that he had his cute flustered side coming out during the creation of his letter.

Despite that assumption, his handwriting in the final draft was very neat and professional. Yuki giggled. "I think Rabbit-sama likes you." Her voice was sing song and teasing.

"Don't be silly. No man has liked me before so why would anyone like me now? In that sense not on normal standards." She touched her scar while her bangs fell over it. The youngest frowned at her sister. "Stop saying that. This isn't like back home. There are more people with scars in this village than there are in a city. You can't use that as a excuse."