17: Memories

Mizuki sighed for the millionth time that day. She was utterly bored and there was no mission to take since her usual team was gone with a different captain. All she could think of was float in the pond at a training ground. Mizuki mastered the body flicker but the flying thunder god was still tricky. Space time ninjutsu could rip someone in half if they weren't careful.

She closed her eyes and tried to meditate. It has been a little over a month already. Akira was teaching Yuki some jutsu. Simple academy level stuff that she can use in case she had to defend herself. After all her Aneue was a working shinobi of the leaf now right? One of her plans was to get a house of her own so she won't have to live in the Senju compound. It wasn't needed now that the village was building homes for normal people and ninja alike.

Mizuki lifted her dripping hand towards the sun, the light reflecting off the drops like jewels. Rubies.... like his eyes. "Agh!" She jolted upwards and shook her drenched hair. Her eye caught some movement and when she looked, there were two elders walking by. "Oh Mizuki. What on earth are you doing in the pond? Then again, a feral woman like you must be used to this." The comment was unexpected. Had she angered them somehow?

"I'm afraid I don't understand your meaning."

"You don't need to Mayoikomu." (stray) The woman sneered. Miyuki flinched at the insult. Who were these people? All the other Senju have been kinder than this. "You were pitied so they took in you and your sister. After all, two Uchiha informants seemed rather useful." That's when it clicked. The demoralization, the taunts, the looks that seemed overdone. Her hand reached up from and the air crystallized into a shape of a spear.

A gentle laugh escaped her as she flashed towards the two 'elders' and impaled the woman. "I am not an Uchiha informant. It seems your information is out of date." Her crystal unseeing eye opened as she turned her head, staring through the shocked male. She smiled faintly and lifted her hand to stare at the blood trickling down her fingers. "Explain yourself." She licked the crimson liquid as her face became shadowed from her bangs and patio overhang, adding to the intimidation act. She learned quite a bit from Madara. "Or you will be missing a head."

He let out a less than manly shriek. "W-we wanted to know who you two really are and Aaaagh!" The spear tip dug into his shoulder. "Bullshit. Look, I'm being merciful. You made a mistake thinking that we were related to the Uchiha." Her magenta eye seemed to glow ominously. "Now answer me."

"Crystal...gack....Kekkei Genkai. Hot water. Dead clan. Impossible. Must capture." Her eyes widened when a sharp pain jolted through her head. She saw Hashirama run from around the corner along with Akira before blacking out. Her body was falling, falling, falling to the scene she hasn't seen in a while. A rocky beach with the family boarding a boat. She didn't understand why she has been seeing the dreams from a third person perspective lately but it must mean something.

The little girl with the baby in her arms smiled at her parents. A beautiful woman and a handsome burly man. The land shifted and it showed the familiar storm rocking the boat. "Okaa-san Otou-san!"

"Honey, go hold your sister! Don't let go!" The lightning strike flashed and a long blade of electricity was heading right for the infant. The older sister jumped in between, her face getting burned as the strike barely missed her eyeball and other vitals. The mother and Mizuki screamed as the children went overboard.

Then there was darkness. Deep, black and cold. The void of her mind didn't allow her to wake up. So instead, she thinks. Thinks about Mei and how she was doing, the people met, the bends she had in this world. Clan? Extinct? Kekkei genkai? Hot water?....... the dreams. The tremendous loss she felt while seeing the parents scream in anguish. No... not the parents. They were her parents. Yuki was just a month and she was five the day they were found on the beach.