Chapter 18: i save humanity

I'm going to die. The same thought continued to circle around in my fuzzy head. My blood was pooling all over zayns sleek black Audi. The liquid was sticky and warm unlike my emotions. It   Slowly puddled around my fingers as if I where a leaky faucet. With each press on the breaks zayn caused the stake in my chest to shake. The pain of the stake was unbearable as I continued to slip in and out of consciousness. A song was playing on the radio that night. One I couldn't recognize but zayn knew all the words. His raspy voice sang along as if he were giving me a private concert.

"I am so sorry I had to do it like this. " his pale hand turned to the radio and his eyes peered at me in the rear view mirror. There was a look of hurt on his face but I knew he it was only for his expensive car that my insides were dirtying.

I tried to speak but blood just bubble up and spilled out over my red lips. Zayn nodded at me as if he understood what I was saying and continued on.

"I know what you're thinking 'why bring me this close to death?" He mimicked my voice before dropping his tone in a serious manner. His face held a cloudy emotion as he continued deadly slow "I need you to learn that I can give you life or death whenever I want. Because your mine. "

I laid very still had I let the rumble of the car take me away. His words were laced with so much power it made me want to cringe in fear. But as I laid there on my death bed or my death seat I realized I didn't want this. A wave of emotions washed over me as I processed the thought. The thought that had been nagging at me since the beginning of all this. I began to listen to that little voice. The one that coaxed me into a permanent slumber. The one that was sweet but scary, begging me to take my life. My stomach tightened into a knot as I realized I did not want to die yet. I did not want to say goodbye to Harry. Or to Justin. Or to Niall. Any of them! God damn it. I had so much to say that night but  that damn stake was in the way of all of it.

"I think you have forgotten. I can control that too. " it took a while but the words finally spilled out with all of the blood. They pooled around me causing Zayns cool complexion to waver. There was a nervous chuckle that slipped from Zayns lips.

I took a deep breath and silently said my goodbyes. Everyone I had ever encountered flashes by my eyes. I glanced out the window one last time with blurry eyes before forcing my self upwards. With both hands I gripped Zayns neck from behind the drivers seat.  His eyes widened in surprise and fear and desperately tried to claw at my hands with only of his hands. His left hand on the steering wheel tightened around the wheel so much that his knuckles began to turn white.

"We had a wild run, zayn. But I am the only one who controls who dies and lives in this story. " the words were choppy and quiet as the flowed out with ragged breaths.

Finally, zayn took his left hand off the steering wheel and began to claw at my bloody hands with both of his. Instantly he regretted his decision because the black sports car began to turn to the right and suddenly the car hit the side rails of the highway going 90 miles per hour. In seconds we were in air. My hands disconnected from his neck reluctantly and my body was jerked upwards towards the roof of the car.

"I will always love you. " Instead of cursing my existence zayn screamed his last words with passion and meaning. His eyes were clamped shut as he braced for impact. His head smashed into the steering wheel and his body went limp 

I went soaring through the bullet proof window with the stake still stuck in my body. With the sudden jerk it drove violently into my heart and the world slowed down. I watched as blood dropped out of Zayns lifeless body that was being held up by his seat belt.

Harry would watch the news that night. The headlines would claim "two dead in a terrible car crash" they would go and on and on about how no one could walk away from that alive. And for once the bubbly news casters would be right. Pictures of our dead bodies would litter the news papers and magazines. People would comment on the the web how they couldn't believe such beautiful souls were gone. Beautiful souls my ass. But there was Zayns face. His bloody and lifeless face on the tv. He would never be able to hurt anyone ever again.

My funeral was a few days after the crash. Harry had a small ceremony with a few friends. Zayn funeral never came.

And that's when I realized I was finally happy.