Exo Kai (Angst fluff)

It was a cold grey afternoon with a dull sky and threatening rain. I was suppose to go on a date with Kai today as it has been weeks since our last date but thanks to the weather I guess it wasn't happening. As I sulked in the living room, I soon heard a knock on my door.

Kai?

I opened the door and to my surprise, it wasn't Kai. Instead, his manager came. Without giving me a chance to talk, he dragged me to their car and drove me to some place. I didn't know where they were dragging me. "We're here" Kai's manager announced. I looked through the window and to my surprise, we were at a hospital.

Has something happened to Kai? I hope he's alright.

His manager then opened the door, opened an umbrella and dragged me to the hospital. He hurriedly asked the counter where Kai's room was and ran there dragging me along with him. We were soon outside Kai's room. His manager didn't go in immediately. Instead he faced me, his face pale as paper, he says, "Kai injured his leg and has just undergone surgery. The doctor said that he may not be able to dance as good as he was before and he would need to go to a rehabilitation program. Even if he did go for rehabilitation, he won't be as good a dancer as before. Would you help me break this news to him?"

I froze in terror as a chill shiver ran down my spine. Tears filled my eyes as I looked as Kai through a small window on the door. As his girlfriend, I knew him quite well and I knew how he'd react. Nothing came up to mind as to how I could break the news to him. I slowly opened the door and tried to hide my feelings behind a smile. I greeted him and sat besides his bed. "Oppa, are you okay?" He nodded with a smile. "Yeah I should be. I mean it was just a small accident."

"Oppa," I said in a soft trembling voice. "T-the.... d-d-doctors said t-that...urm...y-you...mightnotbeabletodanceasbefore" I said in one breath.

"What?! But Hyung (referring to his manager) told me it was just a small accident and I'd be alright as long as I rest."

I embrace him as tears fell from my eyes.  "MianHae (sorry), Oppa"

The door slowly opened and his manager came in. Kai's face was red with anger, he glared at him. With his only pillow, he threw it at his manager with all his might and screamed. "Oppa stop" I held him down. His manager soon left and I comfort Kai the best I could.

By the end of the day, the smile on Kai's face returned and I soon went home.

The next day, I visited Kai this time bringing lots of food and drinks with me. I stood in front of his door but didn't go in. Through the small window, I peeped. He was being interviewed by a reporter as his manager stood behind the camera.

Kai's POV

The reporter asks "I heard your girlfriend was the one who helped to comfort you. May I ask, who she is? Perhaps is she a rookie at your company or an ordinary fan/ civilian?"

I can't hide her anymore. She deserves to be known. Plus she helped me feel better.

I stole one last glance at my manager. "Yeah, that's right. Her name is (y/n) and she is a (whichever country you came from). She's someone who always smiles, someone who makes me smile and she's someone I'm very thankful to have. (Y/n) is someone who makes my heart go crazy."

(Y/n) POV

"Yeah, that's right. Her name is (y/n) and she is a (whichever country you came from). She's someone who always smiles, someone who makes me smile and she's someone I'm very thankful to have. (Y/n) is someone who makes my heart go crazy." I heard him from outside. I couldn't help myself and entered the room. Our eyes met and he gestured me to sit besides him.

In his embrace, he asks in my language, "I'm not an idiot right?(.....for making this decision....)" I shook my head "you're not an idiot" He cupped my face in his hands as he slowly crashes his lips against mine.

[THE END]