Chapter one: The Drama Begins

It was a chilly autumn day and Nya was sick of training. Although she had unlocked her true potential a few months before while defeating the Preeminent in the city of Stiix, her water powers were still difficult to control. Nya's task was to create an orb of water around herself that could withstand the fire attacks of her brother, Kai, but she kept getting distracted and making her orb collapse. As a result, she was soaked to the bone and very, very, cold.
"Focus, Nya!" Kai exclaimed. "Control the water. Please. Whenever your shield collapses it sprays me and now I'm cold." "Cold?" Nya gasped."You think you're cold? Imagine me, for goodness sakes!" Kai could be so insensitive sometimes. But Nya wasn't one to feel sorry for herself. She promised herself that this time, she would succeed.
Nya had been holding her latest orb for almost a minute when suddenly she heard two very unwelcome voices coming from inside the Destiny's Bounty. She groaned. They were fighting again?
"Cole, you can't just make a giant robot! It takes time, work, finesse. And once more, Nya's suit isn't even a robot. It's armor!" Nya heard a loud, slightly annoying voice. "Well, she did, Jay. She made the armor. I was just pointing out that fact." "Yeah, well, you shoulda been more specific, dirt clod." Jay said as he came into view. He leapt off the deck of the ship and landed on the ground. "Well, I don't care, zap trap, I thought of it anyway." Cole retorted as he slowly floated down. He tried to blow some of his shaggy black hair out of his eyes before he remembered: that wasn't how things worked when you were a ghost.
"Hey, Nya," Jay called out, setting Nya's teeth on edge. Although normally she thought Jay's chattering was pretty adorable, she had to focus. If she was ever going to get back inside the bounty for a cup of hot tea and some time by the fire, she had to finish her training. Sadly, Jay didn't read her body language and kept talking. Nya looked to her brother for help, but Kai just shrugged and halfheartedly threw another fireball at her force field. "Whatcha doing? Ooh, that looks cool! You're really good at being a ninja, Nya! Can I touch it? Wait, no, I shouldn't. Nya, did it take you a long time to build your Samurai suit? I told Cole it did but he said you made it. He knows nothing about technology, amiright? Whaddaya say Nya, I'm totally right! I'm so right I could write a book! I'm so right I could-"
Nya turned to face him and she knew she made a mistake. The orb collapsed, splashing water directly on Nya. As she rubbed it out of her eyes, Nya saw disaster about to strike. Cole, who had been standing unimpressed by Jay's speech, was directly in the path of the water. Time seemed to stand still as the water droplets were about to kill him...
Nya concentrated and the water moved away from Cole as if pulled by a magnet. Unfortunately, it splashed into Jay's face.
Nya relaxed as she saw that Cole was still intact. Kai burst out laughing, seeing the surprised look on Jay's face. Cole seemed a bit shellshocked from his near death experience but mumbled a 'thanks' to Nya and followed Kai back to the ship. Nya stood next to Jay, feeling a little embarrassed but not really sure why. Jay, of course, broke the silence. "Well, that was close," he said, but didn't seem overjoyed that Cole had been spared. "I'm sorry I sprayed you with water!" Nya said. "I was just acting in the moment and it just kind of went towards you!" "It's fine," Jay said. "Let's go inside and get some warm tea!" "That's exactly what I was thinking!" Nya beamed. She took his hand and all was forgiven.
"What were you guys fighting about, anyway?" Nya asked Jay as they sidled back to the bounty. "Er- nothing!" He told her. They had been in a competition to see who could think of the most amazing things about Nya. But she didn't need to know that. She always got upset when they fought over her. Nya didn't believe him but let it go as they ascended up to the deck of the ship.
They didn't see Cole watching them from his bedroom window. As he glared at their intertwined hands, he was sure he had won the competition.