Suffer

Kai's P.O.V.

"Just kill me already."

My words echo off the walls of the infirmary, where Nya put me after she came at the sound of my screams. I guess she thought it wouldn't be good for me to keep looking at Skylor's body. So here I am, back against the wall, slumped to the ground with no energy to do anything.

"Do it. End it. I know you want to." No response. "Put me out of my misery!"

Nothing to live for. Nothing to care about. Nobody to save. Nobody to love.

And then I hear it, footsteps in the hallway. A shadow is coming, visible through the open door. Closer, closer, until the figure enters the room. I close my eyes and await death.  "Finally." I say.

"Finally what?" I hear Nya's voice.

I open my eyes again to find my sister there in front of me, holding my sword.

"You're next and you aren't going to die. Don't kill Cole. Just defend yourself and yell for help. I'll hear you." She tells me.

"But I want to die." I whisper.

"You are the only family I have left and I'm not going to let you be murdered too. Just take the sword, Kai." Nya tells me forcefully. "This will all work out. We are going to convince Cole to fight the demon. He will win, and then nobody else will die. We'll be okay. That's how it is going to happen." She seems to be trying to convince herself.

"Where's Jay?" I mutter. "Off trying to have a nice little chat with our demon friend? He'd do anything for you. "

"I don't know where Jay is. But he's not here, and he won't go near me. So it's just us, Kai."

"No, it's just you."

"Take the sword."

"If you really want me to."

"I do." She says, thrusting it out. I wish she would just stab me, but I gesture for her to set it next to me and she does. Nya turns to go.

"I never wanted you dating." I call out as she leaves. Nya rotates the top half of her body and I can see the hurt in her eyes.

"This isn't my fault." She says. She isn't totally convinced of it herself. Something occurs to me.

"Nya?" I say in a different tone.

"What?" My sister asks.

"Just I-I love you." I tell her. I can see she's confused but manages a small smile.

"I love you too, Kai." Nya says back. She doesn't admit it, but she knows it's the last time I'll ever say those words.

My sister leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours pass. I don't know what Nya is doing. I don't know what happened to Jay. I can only sit there.

"What are you waiting for?" I yell to the darkness descending around me. The sun is going down. There is only silence. "Where are you, Cole?"

"I'm right here." I hear to my right and turn my head to see just the person I've been awaiting. If you could call him a person. Looking just as wicked as I imagined is Cole . Talons, teeth, bones. Eyes as black as a moonless night. Right there. If I was old me I would have jumped up and stabbed him, or done spinjitzu, but new me is relieved that my long wait is over. I have never been patient.

"So, kill me. Rip out my heart and be done with it. I have nothing to lose." I tell my former friend. I take the sword that was laying next to me and hold it out to him. He only laughs.