the Darkness

Nya's P.O.V.

         The darkness wraps around me like a blanket. It brushes against my skin, sending shivers down my spine. Cold fingers make their way around my wrists, at my neck, lifting my hair up around my head. I'm floating, weightless, and the thing, the darkness, is here with me. I'm terrified, yes, but also fascinated. I somehow wish I could stay like this, enveloped in darkness, forever. I feel the power of it surging through me.

"You love it."

The voice echoes around me. I can't place it, it's more like thousands of voices at once, really.

"You love the darkness. Wouldn't you like to just give in? Join us?"

I could stay.

"No more fears, no more worries. You wouldn't have to repress any of your thoughts. You know the ones. The bad thoughts. Nothing is bad here. Because everything is bad."

I wouldn't have to hide anything if I stayed. I wouldn't have to conceal the things I'm ashamed of, the things I know are evil but I think anyway.

But there's something off about this place. I can't stay here. I know that.

"Who are you? Are you the demon? Or the overlord?" I call out into the nothingness, fear in my tone.

"I'm something so much more than those weaklings. I am the Darkness. And I can show you things you have not even been able to imagine. Wonderful things."

"Let me out of here!" I'm trembling now. I try to move but the cold fingers tighten their hold on me. They're pulling me deeper into the cold.

"No."

"At least show yourself!" I am craning my neck, trying to find any sort of form, some visual of what I'm up against.

"I am beyond human comprehension. Believe me, you do not want to see me. It will drive you mad." The thing, the Darkness as it calls itself, is chuckling.

I don't know how I got here. I don't know what's in front of me. I just want to get out of here now. The Darkness has a kind of pull on me. How can something so wrong-feel so right?

But now the atmosphere is changing. The air is getting a bit thinner, less oppressive. I can make out a little light. The fingers are loosening their hold on me.

"Until we meet again, Master of Water." The Darkness whispers. It's right in my ear, as if the source of the noise is beside me. Before I can look to see what it could have been, the world dissipates, leaving me in nothingness.

My eyes open.

I am updating again tonight...probably. This (very short) chapter might not make sense right now, but it's leading into something later, I promise. See you lovelies soon!