Boon

10 years ago
(Zalgo)
"Jimmy," I called, looking in his direction. ((((Jimmy? Really? You named him Jimmy? YEAH YEAH SQUIRRELS, I HEAR YOU! I'M BATTLING SEVERE WRITERS BLOCK SO GIVE ME A BREAK!))) He looked away from his computer panel, saying softly, "Subject 18562 is showing magnificent results, sir. She might be the one we've been looking for!" I nodded slightly, revealing my sharp-toothed smile. "Name?"

"18562, sir," he responded. I shook my head, growling, "Birth name you idiot!" He gulped and stated to shake violently, saying, "M-Mercy, sir! Mercy St. Jones!" I grinned ear to ear, walking over to his side. As I raised my hand, he flinched away, only for me to press a button on the panel. An alarm went off for a second before steam filled the closed room in front of us.

A young woman was lifted into the air, a galaxy pattern covering her left arm and the left side of her face. "Miss Mercy," I said through the microphone, "are you still with us?" She whimpered softly, replying, "Where did you put my little girl? I want to see my little girl!" Tears streamed down her face, staining her cheeks.

"After you pass the test my dear," I cooed. "And besides, she isn't your little girl. Not by birth. Remember, you only adopted her just three years ago!"

"She's only three!" the woman sobbed. "This is insane, let her go!"

I let out a laugh, shaking my head. I pressed another button on the panel, listening to the glass between Mercy and I disappearing. Walking through, I chuckled, "No. This isn't insane, I am." Mercy sobbed, her shoulders shaking beneath her restraints. Jimmy looked at me in concern, and I simply nodded. He nodded in return, leaving the room. Once he left, I pulled a crochet needle from my pocket. "We have to make sure you pass the test, dearest." She squirmed at the sight of the needle, but the restraints kept her in place.

I stabbed the crochet needle into her arm, her screams ringing through the room. Thick blood rolled from the wound, the same galaxy pattern running through her veins. A sadistic smirk ran over my face as I hissed in triumph, "You passed the test, my dear!"

Jimmy cleared his throat, turning my attention to him. The little girl was cradled in his arms, fast asleep. Her brown hair was matted against her forehead, covering her face. "Sweetheart," I cooed, brushing the hair from her face, "wake up and say goodbye to mommy." The child stirred a bit, mumbling in denial of waking up. She sat up in Jimmy's arms, rubbing her eyes and muttering more. "Aww, is little Esther still sleepy? But mommy's leaving!"

Mumbling once more, she laid back down. I smiled, looking back at Mercy to see pure shock on her face. "Don't worry, Esther will be taken care of after we kill you. Esther's special, don't you know?" I looked back at Esther, continuing, "She won't even remember you." Mercy screamed Esther's name, jolting her from sleep.

Today
(Esther)
I screamed with my mother, realizing that she wasn't nearby. Glancing down at my arm, I saw the galaxy markings had made their way up to my elbows on each arm. They moved more overnight. I'd run away from Zalgo's keep last night, and the markings had been moving faster than ever. Was I hungry? I didn't know. Zalgo always kept me fed, I never got to be hungry before. I leaned back against the tree trunk, letting out a sigh. I wasn't going to go home to Zalgo's disappointed face.

(Jinx)
I heard a scream, so I turned away from the pile of notes in my arms and rushed to it. As soon as I dropped the notes, Slender appeared in that place, cursing at me. I laughed a bit, continuing my flight towards the scream. I saw a girl about my age sitting in a tree, her hair a darker brown than mine and her eyes a darker purple. She looked like an evil me. "Who are you?" I asked, clearly startling her. "My dad calls me Boon," she said softly, looking worried. "Cool," I laughed, "I'm Jinx! We're like, opposites!" She laughed a bit, staring down at her arm.

Nothing was there, but I caught a glimpse of her hand turning from a shade of purple to a normal skin color. "Whoa," I whispered. Boon looked up at me in terror, saying, "You're one of them?!?"

"One of who?"

"The Creepypasta! Father Zalgo said that only their presence can keep my curse at bay, and that consuming their blood will get rid of it! You're one of them!"

I shook my head, saying, "I used to. Besides, Jinx means curse, I'm a master with curses. Boon laughed a bit, smiling once again. Boon sort of means a cure, so you're right. We're opposites!"

"I can get rid of their curses," I said, "I can make them not Creepypasta anymore!" I rested on the branch in front of her, crossing my legs and leaning forward.

"Then why didn't you?"

"Ah, it seems like a lot of them enjoy being doomed!"

"Doomed?"

"The Creepypasta are dying. They're losing believers, and it's killing them."

"We can stop it," Boon said softly, staring into my eyes. "Right?" I nodded in excitement, leaning forward more and hugging her tightly. This was a start of a beautiful friendship.