Chapter 8: The lame-o sidequests!

A//N: WELL, PEOPLE! Chapter 5, A.K.A "Starting a dance" has 963 reads as of last peek. Anyway, GO US!

____________________________________________________________________________

Goku paused at what King Kai said. "Say what?" He asked, somewhat confused at what he said. He didn't either believe him or didn't hear him correctly.

"I said you need to stay behind this time. Your emotional state is too much a reliability. If you slip once while you're with them, it could mean disaster." King Kai explained, sighing softly after saying what he said. It was extremely difficult to get him to do anything against what HE wanted to do.

"But King Kai! I-"

"NO BUTS, GOKU! If you go and lose your sanity, that would be our only shot a returning Gohan back to our side. Granted he is your son, you need to know when to step down and let your friends help you out!"

"I-"

"You need to rest and gather your bearings! I'm happy you gained your powers back, but right now I cant have you screwing up-"

"SHUT UP!" He roared, his power spiking and his fists clenching tightly. "I KNOW THE RISKS OF DOING THIS AND I ACCEPT THEM!" He yelled furiously, his energy rising rapidly and the effects of such becoming more and more noticeable; the little pebbles and rocks going away from Goku and the grass did, being blown by the aura. Even Vegeta flinched at the sudden outburst.

Tien set a hand on Goku's shoulder. "Goku... As much as I hate to admit it; he's right. Even if your temper slips a little bit, it could cause big trouble for us." Tien said softly. He knew the despair of Goku's situation was great, but it would only cause them despair.

Goku sighed. He knew he was beat. "Yeah...I guess you're right, Tien." He mumbled rather melancholic.

"Besides. ChiChi needs your presence for her to recover from her grief easier." Tien continued. "As much as we all would like to recover Gohan, you need to get into a sharper state of thinking, Goku. Take it easy knowing we got this."

Yamcha sighed, clearing his head. "Alright. Everyone needs to go do something. Goku, just go in the house with ChiChi and rest."

----
Krillin
----

Krillin felt the wind blow on him as he neared Korin's tower; knowing the trip will require a few Senzu Beans. Landing on the platform, he waved to the cat. "Hello, Whiskers the Wonder Cat -- I mean...Korin."

Korin facepalmed. "...Senzu Beans?"

Krillin nodded. "Senzu Beans."

Korin nodded and tossed him a few brown bags. "There's plenty and should last you around a month."

Krillin nodded and took off, holding the bags securely by his belt. He flew up to Kami's Lookout. Landing near the building, Krillin greeting Popo. "Hello, Popo."

Popo looked up at Krillin. "Hmm?"

"We need a favor. From all of the Z-Fighters."

"I'm affraid I can't let you." Popo replied.

//For all those of you who read this story, your reads mean a lot. Sure, it may not be a steady stream, but it's something I'm digging down and trying to get done. Thanks for reading, and don't forget to tell your friends.//