Chapter II

&Megan&

"Well, I was wondering if you're traveling alone or if you're with a group."

"Nope. I'm all alone." She said, as if it was the most obvious thing, in the world. Perfect! "And I'm guessing that you are too?"

"Yep." I said, like it's not a big deal. Which it isn't, since I might be able to get her to team up with me. "So, since we aren't exactly in groups, I'm wondering if you'd like to team up with me?"

That was the first thought that came to me when I first saw her. Plus, teaming up could possibly help us. But, problem is, she doesn't trust me. So hopefully (in the future) she learns to be a bit more friendly. 'Cause I'm- we're- gonna need all the help we can possibly get.

"What?!" She yelled. Geez! We're in a zombie apocolypse. And I guarantee that this woman was heard until a mile away. "I don't even trust you! Hell, I don't even know who you are! Why the fuck am I gonna team up with you?!"

'Well, she has a point, but she's a bit overreacting.' I thought.

"Wait, before you overreact (which you just did) just hear me out." I told her, which made her zipped her mouth. (The parenthesis is Megan muttering.) "Well, I thought that if we strengthen our numbers, it could possibly help us. I mean, we can help each other, in finding supplies and in other situations. And maybe I could help you with your trust issues."

"Yeah, you're right." The girl sighed. "I might not trust you but you're right. Plus, I don't really trust just about anyone that I meet."

"Well, I at least trie- Wait, what?" I asked, clearly confused. Did she just say I'm right?

"I said, you're right. We have to strengthen our numbers. As much as I hate to admit it, we have to team up. But, hey, anything can happen in the future." She assumingly said.

"Yeah, you're right. Anything can happen. Maybe time will come when you actually learn to trust me." I joked, holding in the verge to laugh. So instead, I kneeled on the ground to take my gun.

But then I heard a gunshot, which made me jump. I stood up, and pointed my gun at the red headed girl. And found her pointing the gun at me as well.

I got confused for a moment, like, what the hell is happening? Why are we pointing guns at each other? The fuck-?

Then I turned around and that's when I saw a walker on the floor. Ooh, so that's why she was pointing the at me, there was a walker behind me. I went near the walker to examine it. It looked like it was shot in the head. So I looked back at the girl, and she is still pointing a gun at me.

Then I realized that I'm doing the same. So I set my gun down, and so did she.

"Well, I guess I owe you one." I stated. Then I held out my hand and introduced myself. "The name's Megan, by the way. Call me Meg or Meggie if you want."

"Amanda, but you can call me Amy." She said, as she took my hand and shook it, while eyeing me like I'm a suspicious charater in a murder case. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too." I said. "So, what, uh... What happened?"

"I don't know." She answered. "One minute, I was getting ready for school. And then the next thing I know, there's a dead person at the my front door. Anyway, do you have a place to stay for tonight? 'Cause my apartment complex is bombarded with walkers."