Chapter X

&Amanda&

"So, what do we do now?" I asked Megan, after our breathing relaxed.

"Well, I suggest that we should clear out the store first. After that, one of us should get the gas, while the other one can look for another exit." Megan said.

"Okay. Let's clear out the store first, then you get the gas while I look for another way out." I suggested.

"Okay." She agreed, as we started to clear out the store from walkers.

After we cleared the place, Megan started to get the gas, while I began to look for a way out.

After searching for a while, I finally found an exit. Problem was, it was up at the roof, and I had no clue how to find a way up there. Another problem was that, it was the only way out that doesn't involve a horde of zombies. And one more problem is that the horde of zombies are continuously trying to break the door of the gas store. So, we definitely have to get out of here as fast as we can.

I began to look around, to find at least a ladder that we can use to get up there. And lucky enough, I found one. But, it's not very stable.

"Amanda, I got the gas! Did you find another way out?" Megan said, as she neared me, while holding the gas.

"Yeah, I did. It's on the roof, and I found this ladder, but it's not very stable." I told her, as I began to set up the ladder.

"Okay, so you have to go first. I'll just pass you the gas, then I'll climb up." She said.

"No, I think you should go first." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked, sounding slightly concerned.

"Yeah, I'll just past you the gas, then I'll climb up." I replied nonchalantly.

"Okay then." She shrugged, as she began to climb up.

Once she reached the top, I climbed about five steps and handed her the gas. That took us a while since she took five canisters of gasoline.

When we were finally done, I started to climb up. But then I heard a snap, and the ladder broke!

"Woah!" I exclaimed, as I was about to fall. But, Megan quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me up to the roof. "Thanks."

"No problem." She said, smiling at me. "Anything for an ally."

I smiled back at her. We then checked if we have what we needed. Five cartons of gasoline. Check. Now all we had to do was fix the bottom of the ship, get Sammy back, then leave seaport before the military bombs it.

&Megan&

"So what now?" Amanda asked looking at me.

But before I could answer, I heard a loud bang from below, and I looked down from the roof to the inside of the store, while I spotted Amanda looking down at the sides.

"Well, we can't go back to the inside, a shit-ton of walkers are already roaming around." I stated.

"Yeah well, we also can't go down from the sides. Seems as though these walkers have the perimiter surrounded." Amanda said, as she sighed.

"Well, now we have to look for a way off of this roof. And a way to escape without being bitten, or even spotted by those walkers." I said, as I began to look for another way off the roof.

My eyes then wandered to the corner of the roof. And that was when I spotted a long wooden plank. Maybe Amanda and I could use that to cross from this gas station/store to that building.