【 Window | Yamaguchi Tadashi 】

Part Two of 'My Favorite Hello'

--

i wish you knew,

that everytime i say goodnight

--

She wondered, why?

He never talked to her anymore.

He always tried to avoid her.

He had never replied to her texts.

He looked away every time she looked at him.

He had left her confused.

And worried.

And scared.

Did I do something wrong?

Is he keeping something from me?

Is he mad at me?

Countless thoughts ran through her head, causing her to lay awake at night, thinking, just thinking, about what had happened.

But somehow,

Every night, before she went to bed, she still went to her window, hoping he was there to answer her and her questions.

No, he wasn't there, but a piece of paper always was, appearing right when she checked the window and disappearing when she woke up.

Stuck there on his window, curtains drawn and lights off, the paper lay silently.

It always had the words "Good night", and just that, but oddly enough, it did put her to sleep.

--

That night, she came home tired, shutting her bedroom door behind her, sighing in frustration and agony.

Her eyes were quite red, and her cheeks were swollen, tears still flowing slowly down her face, dampening the floor below.

She threw her bag onto her desk and dropped her jacket on the floor, throwing her own body to her bed and covering her face with her fluffy pillows.

She stayed like that for a while before deciding that it was time to change and go straight to bed.

She dragged herself to her closet and picked out a pair of pajamas, then headed to the bathroom.

Changing her clothes, she let out a yawn and pulled on her shirt before walking back to her room.

She was forgetting something.

--

He was watching her from his own window, noticing her tired features and her depressing look.

His eyes followed her figure as she moved from the door to her bed, slamming her body down while letting out a frustrated sigh.

He frowned at this.

What happened to her?

His heart started to hurt, seeing her like this.

But then again,

it wasn't him who could soothe her pain.

The boy crumpled the paper in his palms and drew his curtains, throwing the paper in his trashbin.

"*"

The girl then blinked back, opening her eyes and scooting towards her window, just to catch a glimpse of the message that she knew that could reassure her.