【 My Favorite Hello | Yamaguchi Tadashi 】

"Because you were
My Favorite Hello."

Yamaguchi and you were best friends since the both of you could ever remember.

You'd be one of those inseparable friends who'd never leave each other's side.

You'd both meet each other by your windows to say greet each other 'Good Morning' and bid each other 'Good night' every day.

Your parents were also close friends, so wherever one family went, the other followed, so naturally, you guys never left each other.

Even when Yamaguchi's parents decided to make him go to Karasuno, your parents agreed to make it so you'd go as well.

You both knew everything- and I mean everything about each other.

Clothes size, feet size, the exact time you both went to sleep, heck- even the day puberty hit you and decided to make a bunch of blood stream out of you, making you extremely annoyed and pissed because it just had to happen so soon.

Naturally, you knew each other's deepest secrets, never once using it against the other.

But what you didn't know was that this certain dark green-haired boy was in love with you, and he was way too shy and scared to ruin the friendship to tell you what he really felt inside.

-_~*-_~*-_~*

"Tadashi!" you yelled, waving over to the boy, who was with Tsukishima, sitting on a table. "Can I sit with you guys?"

"Yeah, of course," Yamaguchi nods, motioning for you to sit down.

You smiled brightly and sat down, opening your bento, humming a happy tune to yourself.

"What's with that face?" Tsukishima asks bluntly.

"Nothing~ I'm not going to a date or anything this Saturday," you answer, sticking your tongue at the blonde.

Yamaguchi almost choked on his food, while Tsukishima just stared at you with a blank expression.

"W-Well- Congrats," Yamaguchi gave you a small thumbs-up. "With who, if I may ask?"

"(Random Boy Name)," you reply dreamily, staring off into space.

That sent him coughing like mad, the boy excusing himself to use the bathroom.

You just continued eating, not noticing the dejected face your best friend was wearing by the time he got back, his thoughts swarming with nothing but the fact that he was already losing you, his and only his (according to him) best friend to some guy that he didn't even know.

-_~*-_~*-_~*

You headed to the gym, skipping joyfully, wearing a big smile on your face.

You slid open the gym door and walked to the bleachers, where you'd be for the next hours watching Yamaguchi and waiting for him to walk home with you.

As your eyes met his, he quickly looked away and shifted his gaze to a basket of volleyballs, where he picked one up hesitantly and shakily tried to serve.

You watched him throw the ball up in the air and hit it smack down to the floor, making his whole body fall over.

"Oi- Yamaguchi-kun! Are you okay?" Sugawara asked, jogging over to the fallen player.