【 Champion | Kuroo Tetsurou 】

The rustle of the crisp, autumn leaves had sounded clearly below their feet, as they ascended into their destination.

"Ah, you're here," came a smug voice, "and just where is your so-called-champion?"

"Looking for me?"

A (h/c) girl emerged from behind the Karasuno boys, fierce-looking and intimidating.

"Ah, so it's a girl."

"What did you think, kitty? Just another boy whooped these peoples' a—"

"You're getting ahead of yourself, (l/n)," Asahi sighed, sweat-dropping along with the rest of the team, "don't look so scary please,"

"Pfft, scary? It was intimidating to say the least," answered the boy, "Kuroo Tetsurou, nice to meet you,"

"(l/n) (f/n), my pleasure," she introduced, taking the bedhead's hand and shaking it politely.

"Shall we go then? You know the rules of Capture the Flag paintball, right?" asked Kuroo, adjusting his belt.

"Could we review them for clarification?" Yamaguchi mumbled, scratching his head.

"Two teams, on different sides of the area, will each have a base. The base contains a flag, which the opposing team will have to capture. Each of us will have five lives, but if you've been shot, you have to go back to base and restart. You've got a minute grace-period to return to base, but once you get there, time's up. We each have a smaller flag to hold to signal we're on grace," Kuroo explained, "whoever captures the flag first, wins. There will be referees who are watching, so don't try to cheat,"

"Eh? That's all we'll be doing? How boring," she yawned, still keeping up her smug face.

"Mm? You're team's got a boastful one, Daichi,"

"She likes challenges, is all," the captain sighed.

"Challenges, ey? Fine. If I win, you have to go on a date with me. If you lose, you have a choice whether or not to take the offer,"

"Psh. Like I'll be losing though," she huffed.

"Kenma-san! I'm gonna beat you today!" cheered Hinata, who was all smiles and excitement.

"Okay... but we're pretty good," the pudding-head mumbled, not shifting his gaze to the jumpy teenager in front of him.

"See you later, kitty," smirked (f/n), who sassily flipped her hair.

"Bye bye, crow," mocked Kuroo as he waved at the girl, who had her game on.

The two teams parted ways, both fired up at the sudden meeting, excited to get their game on; the 'interesting' boy (f/n) had just met never left her mind.

--

"(f/n)-chan," Sugawara called, "would you like to be partners for the game?"

"The two best in Karasuno?" she laughed, tying her shoelaces, "of course,"

"I-Isn't that a little overpowered?" Asahi asked.

"Not at all," (f/n) shook her head, "if anything, bedhead-boy is teaming up with one of the best players in their team. Paintball logic,"

The tall brunette nodded, embarrassed for not knowing something that seemed like common sense, then eyeing Daichi, who was helping Hinata put on his gear.

"Game starts in about five minutes," Sugawara sighed, "the signal hasn't been sounded,"

"Hey Koushi," she called.