Background

2015 San Francisco, California
Manalac Residence

" Good afternoon kumpadre! Kumusta na? Good thing naka dating kayo." Gaudencio Manalac welcomes his friend and his family into their residence. He and his wife is celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary and is having some intimate party with just close friends and relatives.

" Of course kumpadre, I will not miss the wedding anniversary of the two of my favorite people? Haha no way!" Delfin Geronimo gave Gaudencio a brotherly hug as their wives also hugs each other.

Gaudencio and Delfin are college buddies. They've been good friends for such a long time. They are also business partners. They actually own a construction firm in the Philippines which is being managed by Delfin's eldest son Luis.

Gaudencio and his wife has 2 children Pamela , the eldest is 38 years old is a pediatrician in a San Francisco hospital and the youngest is Francisco "Bamboo " Manalac 35.

Bamboo as he is famously known for is a musician. He's a famous singer/rock star in the Philippines. He's actually an engineering graduate but he didn't practice and didn't even took the board exams. He finished his schools just to give in to his parent's request because they wanted him to help manage their construction business in the Philippines. But he loves music and even though his parent's wasn't very happy in his choice of career they have been supportive of him. Besides he promised them that if ever he decided to stop his career as a singer/songwriter he will help manage their business.

Delfin Geronimo has 2 children. Luis is 35 years old is the one managing the construction company that Delfin and Gaudencio built about 20 years ago. They started from scratch being Engineers themselves and slowly made the firm one of the top construction company in the Philippines at the moment. But being in their 60s already decided to have Luis manage it in the Philippines and them just being consultants. So far they have no problems on how the business is being run. Since they are all members of the board so decisions are not solely done by Luis.

The other child of Delfin is Asher Marie. She's 28 years old and is an architect in one of the biggest construction firm in NYC. Her father had asked Asher to work for their company instead and help Luis handle it but she asked them for some time. When she graduated almost 5 years ago she wanted to prove to herself that she can manage to be successful in her chosen career without the influence of her family and she did. At the young age of 28 she's already a top architect of a NYC firm.

Everyone was having fun at the private party. Gaudencio and Delfin is reminiscing about their college days as their wives Marie and Divine respectively was just laughing with them. Luis and Pamela was with other guests talking.

" Asan na ang bunso mo Marie? Ang tagal ko ng hindi nakita si Francisco ah the last time pa yata was around more than 10 years ago. "  Divine was telling Marie. The four older Geronimo and Manalac is seated in one part of the Manalac garden while some other people like Luis and Pamela is chatting with other people in the party.

" Hay naku he said he's in his way na daw, he's coming in from NYC kasi may show dun yung ASAP ba yun, yung Sunday variety show he is in." Marie answers.

"Ewan ko ba sa taong yun at nawiwili pa  sa pagiging singer nya, good thing naman that he's doing good kaso masyado busy, mukang wala plano mag asawa, gusto ko na magka apo, eh itong si Pamela mukang wala din plano pa mag asawa."

" Oh I'm excited to see him personally ulit, lagi kasi wala sa mga occasion yun
sa Pinas dati eh dahil andito sa US and now lagi wala sa mga events dito kasi nasa Pinas at busy na sa showbiz career nya. I remember him napaka kulit na bata and he loves my cupcakes lagi pa inaagawan si Asher dati whenever you guys visit us." Divine said remembering how Bamboo was.