Chapter 8 - Faces from the Past Pt.2

"So this is your idea of an 'Amazing job opportunity'?" I turned and heard my father say.

"Mom? Dad? What're you doing here?" My mouth was nearly speechless. What're these two doing here? My father walked up to me looking very displeased.

"Doing janitor work in a stadium? Yea that's real gold Zack! The best job you could ever receive!" He taunted.

I figured it'd would be like this...Father hasn't changed at all. He's always been a bit of an 'Army Strong' kind of guy. He always wanted me to join because it was "The ideal man's job" and on his side of the family, it was a family tradition. But I've disagreed countless times because it's just not who I am. I'm not exactly cut out for it... So he's rude to me almost all the time. Even now, he's here, still mocking me. Mother says that it's just how he is. That this IS his way of expressing his love. But I don't see it, He's always pushed me away. All I've ever felt from it was hate...how she ever married such a man is beyond me. I don't think I'll ever know.

"It's just a temporary job dad calm down." He got a bit annoyed by my comment.

"Maybe you should stick to it, it's all you'll ever be good at."He spat.

 My mother yanked the short sleeve on his shirt and glared at him. "Pay no attention to him Zack. How's my baby doing?" She walked up to me and we both hugged.

Mother has always loved me unconditionally. More than my father. She's raised me more and made me who I am today. She's helped me, and supported me through high school. I guess you could say that the big difference between these two is that while my dad wanted to control what I became, my mom always want me to be myself.

"It's been rough, but everything's getting back on track now. I'm even staying with THE Cristiano Ronaldo!" I blushed telling my mom all these things.

"That's amazing!! I bet his house his gorgeous!" She asked and I nodded.

"That guy??" My dad just had to make ANOTHER comment. I grimaced at the thought of his words.

As you can see, he's not a big Ronaldo fan. "What? Are you having fun being his house maid? Do I need to get you a dress to match?" He continued with his insults.

"Doing house work for that guy? Figures that you'd stoop to a degrading job like that."He just wouldn't shut up.

 ...He's completely wrong! I'm not doing house work for Cristiano! I'm LITERALY staying with him! I'm getting really annoyed with this. I didn't come to Russia to continue taking his insults.

"You always have to make some sort of smart remark don't you? Why can't you just be happy for once!?" I spat and he looked at me, possibly listening to my words.

"I've always been trying to please you by doing the things I like and that I'm good at but not once have you ever acknowledged me or any progress I've made!" I looked at the ground.

My mom looked at both of us, not really sure what to say. It was silent between the two of us, until I spoke again. "I bet you didn't even come here to visit me..."

He immediately responded. "Yep you're right. I just came to look at the games. I knew you would be a good-for-nothing. And what're you doing now? Still being as useless as ever." He insulted.

I can't stand this! HE MAKES ME SO MAD!! I clenched my teeth and ran up to him, punching him in the face. But he reacted fast, grabbed my shirt, and punched me back. I fell on the floor holding my cheek.

"Zack! Richard! Stop this!" My mom said trying to hold him back.

"No! If he was my REAL son you could bet your ass he wouldn't be making the stupid choices this dipshit is making!" I jerked my head back at the sound of those words.