Chapter 13- A Revealed Truth

"On Cristiano's birthday? In front of everyone??" I spoke to James as we walked to my manager's office.

ONCE AGAIN Cristiano blew me off today saying that he needed to go do something. But he took Fabio! The nerve of that guy... and Neymar was busy with his coach so I decided to finally hangout with James for once.

"Yea! Right before we were about to take a picture and blow out the candles, Sergio smacked a pie in his face!" James laughed hardly containing himself.

"That's something I would have pictured Marcelo doing." I laughed along with him.

"You're right! It was his plan at first but it would have been too obvious, so we made Sergio do it." He smiled.

"I guess they were really good friends back then?" I asked.

"Yea, they were at one point. Unfortunately on the last game before the World Cup they had a huge disagreement about which play to make to win the game. And because he was the captain, we went with his choice over Cristiano's...and we lost that match...Sergio is probably conflicted or upset about it, not to mention the media didn't help at all." James explained.

I, once again, was shocked to know the truth about what happened. People make mistakes, and I'm sure Cristiano realized that soon after the game and dropped the argument all together. But I don't think Sergio has.

"Thanks for telling me that, I think I finally get the big picture now." I smiled. I almost forgot...

"Hey James wait out here, I need to talk to my manager." I told him and went inside the office.

"Zack! It's been so long! Are you feeling any better?" My manager asked.

"Lots actually! It's taken sometime but I'm finally 100 %." I proudly said.

"That's good! Because I'm sure you're going to be in for a good surprise...like I was when THE Cristiano Ronaldo called." He sped through that last part of his sentence.

"Wait..What?" I looked confused.

"Yea, He explained that you've actually been working a lot with him and Neymar. You're even staying in the SAME house! So...we have to compensate you for all your work." He went ahead and typed on his computer.

"Oh! Sure...Lets go with that!" I said just running along with it.

"I should have noticed by your last name but you never told me you were Ronaldo's brother!" He was extremely happy.

"Oh, well you know, I have to keep it a secret somehow!" I nervously smiled and laughed.

"Think you could get me an autograph for my son? He's a really big fan." He stopped and asked.

"Sure!" I was still nervous.

"Anyway, with everything calculated including the extra pay for working 1-on-1 with some of the players, paid vacation, and the raise I just gave you, that will be... 483276.50 руб. (Rubles) ($7000) He happily said with a straight face.

"WHAT??" I shrieked trying not to pass out. It's so much money...

"Here you go." He said handing me my check.

"Keep up the good work Zack!" He patted me on the shoulder as I walked out of his office closing the door.

"Are you alright Zack?" James noticed how shocked I still was.

"Yea. I just wasn't ready for the huge paycheck I just got." I grinned.

"Let go eat!" he cheered.