Home Run

George walked forwards towards the car Mel and Steven were behind. Mel slowly stood up with her combat knife in her shaking hands. "It's really you?" Mel asked lowering her blade. George ran closer dropping his hunting rifle, Mel sheathed her knife and ran closer. Steven stood up and holstered his old revolver and walked toward Mel and George who were now hugging. George looked at Steven and just smiled, the three of them and Bella walked back to the vault catching up. Steven typed in the code that released the locks on the door. Steven walked in with the deer that they killed followed by Mel then George. "George is that you?" Ally asked, "The one and only,"he replied after they said their hellos they sat down and picked up a puppy each. "Tell us George how did you get here?" Jeff asked.

***

An old man showed up at his door in lower Manhattan, knock knock. George walked to his door with his baseball bat stuck a nail though it and opened the door "hello," the old man said. George opened the door and the old man punched him in the face knocking him unconscious. When George woke up he was lying in his front door way missing three quarters of his food storage.

***

"Wait did the old man look like... follow me," Jeff said and led out the group of friends. Jeff pulled off the blanket covering the mans corpse. agh! was the only thing heard from Ally, who was standing at the back unable to look at him. "Yeah thats him..." George gagged "Let's sleep on this one. The next morning they woke up slowly one by one with Ally waking up last. the morning went on as usual they went hunting and made breakfast. "I have an idea there is a police station just a few blocks from here, near the baseball diamond," George said obviously being more well traveled. "How long is the walk?" Ally asked, her answer was quick "four hundred light years away," Jeff snickered. Ally angrily got up and got ready. the rest followed suit. Steven knowing he couldn't leave the dogs behind packed them in his back pack with water and food for them. George lead the charge to the old police station. Ally was convinced halfway through the journey that they were being followed. George handed Jeff a large stone to break into the police station George stood guard with his rifle. Ally walked in first "Hey is their a key to get through the bars?" she asked Jeff still holding his boulder, chucked it at the gate at full strength.  Bending the old bars just enough to sneak through. Mel the skinniest had to go through because no one else fit. Steven had to tend to the dogs while he could. Mel handed guns and ammo for a half hour while they filled their bags. "Hey let's go see the diamond," Jeff said. "Fine," ally snorted they walked out with heavy back packs. George shot the arena open with his new pistol, George opened the door slowly just in case of traps. "Clear, Oh cool we are at the dig outs!" George shouted, he ran forward carelessly. SWOOSH was the last thing George ever heard.