Streets of Manhattan

The group of four plus dogs walked slowly along the destroyed Manhattan streets. Steven lead the group forward trying to follow the crudely drawn map as best as best as possible. "This map sucks," Jeff said stealing it out of Steven's hands. They kept walking until night which was very quiet like the day. Four and a half days went on like this quiet and plain. The group walked down main street and turned left like the map said. They were all looking down "Oi, name and intension," a voice said. This caused them to look up Jeff's jaw dropped, the fortress was simple but well defended. It was about four blocks wide and five blocks long built of rubble and old cars. "OI!" the voice practically screamed, this time Steven walked to the entrance "Yes?" Steven asked the planks of wood. "Name and intension," the voice repeated. "Steven, Ally, Mel, and Jeff, Um... We were told about this place," Steven said hoping that would be a good answer as he noticed the red dot on his arm. "Any thing else?" the voice asked "Weapons, dogs, food?" the voice clarified. "All those things," Steven replied, taking a step back from the door. "CLEAR!" The voice said, Clink the door started to open revealing a sprawling metropolis completely ignoring the new people.

They walked into the Citadel slowly trying to absorb the shear scale of what was going on. Jeff walked ahead of the group to scour out the area. "What the hell," Ally said "we've been living under a rock while this was going on!" She said angrily. Mel was just shocked at the sight that was in front of her a massive brick building filled with survivors of the plague. She look to her right and it was a cell block full of plague carriers barred windows to the 8th floor after that it was empty. "Shouldn't they put a wall instead of bars.