Old Dog New Tricks

On the long walk back to the bank Ally had to stop. "Guys wait up," she shouted to her friends that were already ahead of her. They stopped and walked back to her. Ally was staring at an old partially destroyed school building. "Remember this old place," she said. They all stood in a line and held hands Ally and Mel started to cry. Steven slowly walked towards the school building, Jeff chased after him. The boys made it to what used to be the entrance to East Saddle school. Mel wanting to go through the school caught up with Jeff and Steven, Ally took her time. They walked through the rubble, and vines nostalgia creeping up on everyone but Steven. Steven walked quickly through the main hallway when a dog barked at him, he turned to his left to see his kindergarten classroom.

***

"Okay kids calm down," said Mrs. Catherine. All the kids sat down in a perfect circle. "Kids we are going to share a experience we had this weekend... okay" said the teacher. Every one went and had a great story, except Steven "My dog died this weekend..." he trailed off, he didn't cry but all the other kids did. 

***

Steven walked into the old torn apart classroom, the dog barked and barked. Steven bent down and gave the dog water and food. Hours past as Steven spent time with the dog and her puppies. Jeff, Mel and Ally confused about where he was set out to find hime in the main hallway. They walked in on Steven playing with the puppies and the mother. The girls rushed in, the mother growled but was calmed by Stevens hand. "Can we keep them," Mel said after playing with the dogs for a while. "I don't know ask Stevie," Jeff shrugged. Steven just nodded.