Small Feet Big Shoes

Liam walked around the corner listening in on the conversation, "So... some news since you guys are new here it is optional to join are military and if you don't you have to pay for every night you live here," The dwarf said. "We will do it as long as we get are own squad," Jeff said with out hesitation "what would we fight any way?" He asked. "There are other citadels like this all around the world and we don't all like each other," the dwarf said. He looked around "I just realized I haven't introduced myself Zephyr is the name," the dwarf said. "Oh yes, I'm Jeff this is Steven that is Ally and that is Mel," Jeff said. "Lucas here will take you to your new dorms now," Zephyr said as he pointed to the crazy musketeer. They followed the man a few blocks until they hit a large building that was one solid colour. Lucas did not say a word he just walked up the stairs gave them keys and then walked back down the stairs. Jeff opened the room it had two bunk beds and a old carpet. Just as they were getting settled they heard a loud bang, Jeff ran to the window to see Lucas coughing in the smoke of his rifle and the corpse of a thief. "Okay so all crimes are the result of the death penalty," Jeff said slowly. Mel and Ally rushed over to see what was going on Steven remained in the background putting stuff away.

It was a quiet night just like the rest as they were still digesting what was going on in their lives. They woke before the morning alarm and made their way to the pile of food. They noticed that there was no food and no one was around yet. "That's peculiar," Ally said she trailed off as a large truck came through the gate.