Colby's Realization

Colby thought about Jordan throughout the whole day. And he couldn't help but talk about her. Colby was realizing things he had realized in the fifth grade. That he liked Jordan. And this was a type of love that would reoccur. Last year, in seventh grade, Colby liked Jordan, but she didn't love him back. Colby had dealt with Jordan's rejection before, and this time he was going to keep his mouth shut. And not say anything to her or talk about her no more. He knew he wouldn't play the Jordan-love-game again. Until he ran into Jordan again later that day.
"Hey, Colby." Jordan waved her hand and greeted Colby. But when she did, Colby didn't give her the exact reaction she had hoped for. He just walked past her, silent and rude-like.

"Seriously?! Colby, what's wrong?! First you greet me, and now I say hi and you seem to pay little to no attention to me or anything I have to say!" Colby looked at her and felt so bad on the inside but he knew he couldn't show it. That's just how Colby was. Mr. Hide. He always hid his deepest feelings by acting the same to everyone. That way, no one would ever know how he truly felt about Jordan. Jordan even started wondering to herself if she should pursue Colby. She wasn't really sure what love was, or what it felt like. But Jordan always stuck to one rule, and that is to never date anyone you like and always date the person you love.

"I'm sorry, Jordan. I just...Can't... Talk to you..."

"What?"

"I'm sorry." Colby walked away and tried to push Jordan out of his mind and think about someone else. But there she was, always in his head. Always in his vision. Always in his presence. He just didn't want to feel the rejection pain again. Jordan then thought he didn't want anything to do with her. But Colby knew his ignoring wouldn't last for long.