Waking Up to the First Day

Lucy P.O.V

Lucy, wake up! my mother Layla yelled. It was midnight and I had to get ready for school. "If only I could adapt..." It was hard for a human like me to wake up in the middle of the night every night.

Then, my little sister Michelle came in. "Lucyyyy!" she happily screamed. "What's wrong?" "It our first day of Fiore Vampire Academy." Oh ya it is our first day I thought in my head. I didn't want to go to the academy. In fact, I wanted to go to a regular academy where humans just like me went. But, that was an impossible wish. As Michelle left my room I went to take a nice warm shower. My thoughts were filled with many questions and worries but my most feared worry was how I was going to survive.

Once I was done my shower and changed, I went down to breakfast. Everyone was already there eating. Of course not human food but blood and raw meat. I sat down and began eating. I was having the regular. Toast and jam with an egg. As I spaced out in thought, my mother began to speak. " Lucy, Michelle, I want both of you to come home before 5:00 No Matter What." "Yes mother" Michelle and I both said. It's not like i'll die. In fact, Michelle will die either. I thought in my head. Us vampires can have contact with sunlight and garlic . We just choose not to.

DING DING DING As I closed the front door and followed Michelle, we headed off to the building known as my worst nightmare.