Outside

Lucy POV

It was 7 AM and I had just woken up. I couldn't sleep. I was too excited. The week long trip was in 7 days and I could finally spend more time with Levy and the group.

After about an hour of thinking about what activities the trip would have, I made the decision of stepping out. By that I mean going outside where the regular people were. I've never gone outside at this time. I quietly got dressed and packed my handbag with my wallet and phone  and slipped on my shoes. I opened the door to be greeted by warm rays of the sun. "Feels nice" I thought in my head. I was excited. "I can finally see my kind." I smiled and ran out.

I decided to go to a cafe and then the park.                                                                                                                            I entered the cafe and was immediately welcomed by a girl around the age of 18. The girl brought me to a table next to a window. I stared outside and was in deep thought. "What if my parents weren't vampires? My life would be so much better. I regret being born in a vampire family. I wouldn't have to face difficult things and I would be able to go outside everyday." I kept on thinking. "Miss, have you chosen what you would like to eat?" I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh um I'll have a strawberry milkshake and a slice of berry cake." "Alright I'll be right back." she was so happy. Something I wasn't.

At the park

I was on a swing and I was taking pictures. Its not everyday I get to come out. I stood up and decided to walk around the place. 

I walked over to a flower garden. I opened the gate and saw an elderly woman pulling weeds out and sweating. She noticed me and looked over. "Oh! I'm sorry for interrupting your work." I apologized. "Don't worry about it sweetie." She gestured me to come over. "Are you new around the community? " She asked. " Um... I guess. I haven't been out a lot." "Well I hope you continue to come. " She smiled. I looked over and saw some gloves. I walked over and put the gloves on my hand. " Where shall I start? I smiled. "Oh! Please it's ok. Don't worry about a thing." She said quickly. "No, I enjoy gardening and I want to help." We both smiled. After about 30 min, we were done and I was about to leave. " Sweetie, what' your name?" "Lucy. Lucy Heartfilia." "Well, Lucy, thank you very much. I hope that we will be able to meet again." " I hope so to." "Lucy, here." She handed me a jar of honey and some picked flowers. "Thank you very much!" "No, thank you for helping me" We said our goodbyes and parted ways. I looked at my watch and it was already 11. I was too busy taking pictures and going places that I lost track of time. I quickly ran home and was "greeted" by my parents. I knew that I was in trouble. " WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN LUCY? "Outside." "WHAT???? HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO NOT GO OUTSIDE. YOU MUST ADAPT TO A VAMPIRE LIFESTYLE OR YOU LEAVE THIS HOUSEHOLD. LUCY YOU HAVE BROKEN THE ONE RULE THAT I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU NOT TO. " "JUDE! Lucy is safe and she is human. It's hard to adapt and curiosity is what made her go outside. It's beautiful outside but you don't know." My mother shouted. I stared at the floor and clenched the gifts I got. "What are those? " My father looked at the honey and flowers. "It was a gift from someone I met today." "WHAT??? I TOLD YOU NOT TO BE IN CONTACT WITH OTHER HUMANS." He screamed right in my face. I couldn't handle it anymore. "MAYBE YOU NEED TO STOP BEING SO JUDGMENTAL AND ACTUALLY TRY TO RESPECT PEOPLE." I quickly got my schoolbag and left for school.

I felt tears forming in my eyes. I wiped my eyes with my handkerchief and balled my hands into fists. "IT'S NOT FAIR!" I shouted. "Oi Lucy keep it down." I looked and saw Natsu on top of a wall. He jumped down and came over. "Look. I'm sorry about what happened yesterday." "I was acting weird and I didn't mean to do that." "Fine I accept your apology." "Really?!?" Natsu had sparkles in his eyes and out his arm around my waist. "Wait! What are you doing?!" "This is what couples do right?" " Ya but we're not a couple." "That's too bad. Well, it doesn't mean I can't continue. It was like that for the whole way to school.