Chapter 9

Chapter 9

(Aria's P.O.V)

The game lasted shorter than I actually wanted it to, but in the end, my team won by A LOT. I actually felt kind of bad for the other team. Our score was actually a perfect game- 300 points. While Roberts team on the other hand... a 150 point score. Although they had such a bad score, we actually did have a lot of fun. I didn't expect to have this much fun in Florida, but I'm really glad I came. As we walk out of the bowling alley and into the empty lot, it was really late outside, we catch site of something that broke my heart a little. Austin and one of the wildest mahomies in the bowling alley were practically making out next to his car. I didn't know why, but my heart actually stopped for a second. Why am I feeling this way? I thought, we're not together! Even though I know we aren't together, hell- we barely know each other, it still hurts to see him with another girl. Dave lightly taps my shoulder and I turn to see him looking at me knowingly. Did he know that I had a mini crush on Austin?! Oh God, I think he does. Before either of us can say anything, Zach coughs loudly, interrupting Austin's and the mahomies make out session. He looks up startled, and straight into my almost heart broken eyes, but I look away quickly before I can look into his apologizing eyes. I shouldn't care... he's just a friend. "Uh, it's getting pretty late, we're going home, and since my car can't  fit everybody we need yours too. So uh... I guess we'll just be waiting inside..." Alex trails off, sensing the awkward tension in the air. I walk ahead of everybody, and walk right up to the backseat of Austin's car, and where both of them are standing. I look straight into his eyes, open the door, and hope right into the backseat, looking straight ahead. Everyone copies my example and soon enough, the car is filled. Dave starts the engine and an awkward silence settles in the car. Time passes  painfully slow, and after about 10 minutes into the car ride I speak up for the first time. "Why is it so quiet?" I seriously hate awkward silences. I'd seriously just get over with it. Austin coughs a little, blushing as he answers, "when I walked outside for some air, she followed me outside and basically attacked me. I tried to stop her, but she was really strong so I just gave in. I'm really sorry Aria, I swear If I could rewind the time, I'd take back what I did, I really would."

"Why are you apologizing? We're just friends Austin... just friends," I say, though it hurt so badly to say it, "We should just forget this day even happened, go back to how everything was before."

"That would be really great. This awkward thing is killing me!" Aubrey suddenly joins in. I almost forgot that her and Dave were actually here. We finally arrived at the house, and right as we got inside and everyone went straight to their rooms, Dave pulls me aside. We wait until everyone is out of hearing distance when he starts to talk.

"I know you like Austin," he says smugly.

"How? I was being pretty secret about it! And besides, I just met him so I don't like that much," I respond. It's pretty surprising to talk so openly to Dave, but I feel as though I can trust him. Almost as though he was a big brother to me.

"Do you believe in soul mates or love at first sight?" he asks, completely off topic.

"Of course I do! But that doesn't make any sense in this conversation!"

"I think that you and Austin are soul mates. That's why it hurt you so much to see him kissing that girl. It wasn't your brain acting, it was your heart. Give Austin a chance, and he'll make it up to you. Kissing that girl was a mistake, and he knows that. That's why he apologized, because he felt the exact pain you did when he realized you saw that. You and I both know that you want to be more than friends with Austin. So just take my advise and give him a chance. You won't regret it." He says.

"But why am I feeling like this? We JUST met, and I have feelings for him. This is absolutely crazy!" I say in a rush, I'm feeling much to overwhelmed.

"Because your heart loves him, but your brain is trying to convince you that you don't. Once again, one chance and that's all he'll need," he says as he backs out of the room and up stairs. Is what he saying true? Can I love him already, without knowing it?

***********************************************************************************

(A/N) Another chapter! Btw- Austin on the side! He looks kind of ashamed.. he should be lol. keep reading, commenting, and voting- love all of you guys <333