3. Super Chef

Characters: Kevin Walker and Scotty Wendell (Brothers and Sisters)

Warning: M/M slash

Chapter 3: Super Chef

Summary: Scotty is so tired.

There's my handsome husband. Head chef and restaurant owner. Fast asleep and snoring. At least he was awake enough to take a shower tonight. Sometimes he reeks of onions, butter, garlic, ginger and olive oil. Most times, it's not a bad combination. Definitely makes you hungry. But no one should be that hungry this late at night. It's not always a great wakeup call either.

I'm up reading over my case notes for tomorrow, or else I would have helped clean up. Its nights like these I'm glad we live upstairs. Scotty doesn't have far to go. I'd be afraid for him to drive home. Café 429 has been so busy lately. They've also had a larger than expected employee turnover rate. He and Uncle Saul both hate that. When you don't have what you need and don't have time to hire what you need, you work overtime. Which is exactly what my husband has been doing.

Did I mention that he was snoring? He only does that when he is dog-tired or has a cold and has trouble breathing. Dog-tired nights mean that he can't even get undressed. He sits on the side of the bed to take off his shoes, leans back to stretch and is asleep before he realizes he even leaned back. So I go in, undress him and tuck him in. Sometimes, he gets familiar with the bed and his clothes get familiar with the floor. On rare occasions, I get to give him a back or foot massage. He's usually asleep before I even get started good.

He mumbles something as I get into bed. I'm not sure what it is so I lean in closer. It sounds like menu items. Sleep talking? Sounds like the day's specials. It's gonna be a long night.