8. Sleeping Better Tonight

Characters: Fin Tutuola (Law and Order: SVU) and my character Enrique J. Cruz

Warning: Established relationship between two men.

Chapter 8: Sleeping better tonight

Summary: Enrique wonders what Fin dreams about

Being a New York City police officer, or any officer in a major city, is not an easy job. Being an officer with the Special Victims Unit was even harder. Of all the horrible sex crimes, Fin saw everyday; the ones committed against children were always the worse.

George Huang had given Enrique a heads up as the team headed to the bar. The past few days were bad. They were trying to catch a child molester and murderer who was genius at hiding in plain sight. They all worked around the clock to catch him. Turns out him was a them; four people hurting innocent children. They finally caught them but not before six molestations and five deaths.

When Enrique arrived, Fin was past hammered; he could barely stand. Enrique wasn't in full dress, but dressed enough so the other cops wouldn't know that Fin was bi-sexual. Once home Fin managed to change his clothes, but Enrique had to force him to stay awake to take the preventive hangover medicine.

By the time Enrique got into bed, Fin had been asleep a few hours. The sheets envelope him, providing comfort. He looked so handsome and peaceful. He was anything but. With a closer look, he could see his lover's tear stained face. Fin was crying in his sleep.

Enrique saw the children on the news, but knew the information shared was nowhere close to what Fin had heard and seen. The extreme rapid eye movement let Enrique know that the visions were still there, no matter how much alcohol he drank to erase them. He was chasing the criminals, desperately trying to save the last two children. He couldn't. The best Fin could hope for was a better night's sleep knowing that these people would not hurt anyone else.