9. What If?

Characters: Warrick Brown and Nick Stokes from CSI

Warning: Established relationship between two men.

Chapter 9: What if?

Summary: Warrick wonders what could have been if he hadn't "died".

Would you just look at him? He looks so peaceful nestled inside the sheets. Blue really is his color. Gotta take a picture before I forget. All those gorgeous muscles and is he smiling in his sleep? God, I love this! I wish I could wake up to this beautiful sight everyday. Nicky, my love, my joy. I often wonder what kind of life we could have had together. I miss our talks, playing pool, getting drunk. My heart hasn't been the same since I left. I left it all with you and you didn't even know it. So much I wanted to say, needed to say but I couldn't. If I had any pull with my handlers, I would have tried to convince them to bring you with me. Then I wouldn't have to wonder what our life would be like. I would know. No doubt that we'd be so happy.

Warrick gently caressed Nick's cheek and Nick in his sleep responded to the touch by nudging closer. Warrick smiles at the sexy man he calls "Cowboy". Nick is softly snoring, exhausted from their lovemaking. His whispers, kisses and moans of ecstasy and love fill Warrick's memories and heart.

We could be married with children now. More successful than ever in our careers. I wonder what this new guy's intentions are toward Nick. I don't want to let you go again, not after what we've shared these past few months. But this new assignment...I can't ask you to wait that long. I just can't.

Warrick kisses Nick's bare shoulder then whispers something into his skin, right above his heart. Warrick wants the words to go straight to Nick's heart. It's so private and beautiful that even the silence and the items in the room don't deserve to hear it.