10. The Congressman from California Takes A Nap

Characters: Sam Seaborn and Josh Lyman (West Wing). In my world these two are a couple.

Warning: Established relationship between two men.

Chapter 10: The Congressman from California Take a Nap

Summary: Josh admires his husband.

I'm keeping this photo for our personal album. I guess it's ok the photographer took one to release to the public. It is a cute picture, him taking a nap with our children. I don't know who is more exhausted him or the kids. Or me. They're so happy to see him. It's all they've been talking about for weeks, the chance to join him on the campaign trail. It's spring break and we're here in St. Louis. Might as well go to the zoo, right?

Some people think Sam can't afford to take a nap. I think he needs to take more naps. His body and brain need more rest. People tend to forget that Sam's still helping to run the state of California. He's a politician, a father and a husband. That last two are enough to wear me out. And they often do.

His numbers are good in all fifty states and people are registering to vote in record numbers. The number of people connecting with his message is astounding! Obviously, Sam has a large amount of the LGBTQ community supporting him. It's the people in the Bible Belt and conservative cities who are taking a second look at him and considering him for the job. I'm so proud of him.

I get goose bumps when I see my family together like this. It's a sweet reminder of everything we've ever worked for. We're openly bi-sexual in a committed gay marriage and raising four great kids. I brought a blanket to cover us up. Hey, I need nap too. Think I'm gonna have to move a kid or two around so I can get in the bed. They miss him so much; they all want a chance to sleep in their dad's arms. The feeling is mutual.