One Shot #8: Bad Dream (Male POV)

                 I turn over before waking up. It takes a moment for my eyes to adjust with the sun blaring in front of me. I feel around the bed next to me, but all I'm met with is emptiness. My mind suddenly shakes away whats left of my sleepiness. I sit up on my side, only to see...nothing. It doesnt even look like her side was slept in.

                  Thinking that she got up early to make breakfast, I slowly hopped out the bed and got ready for the day. The last sound I hear is the faucet in the bathroom right before I turn it off. No mugs clinking. No water from the kitchen sink running. No humming. She always hums and dances when she cooks.

                  I didn't even care when I walked out with only my towel draped around me. I storm into the kitchen, but theres no trace of her...of anyone even being there for that matter. Hopelessly, I start rummaging through all of the cabinets, banging each one as they close, looking for any clue that she was here. Thats not like her to leave without saying anything. She usually doesn't even wake up before me. Maybe she didn't want to wake me up and left a note. I run to the dining room to see if there was anything there.

                                                 "Bro! What's with all the noise! I'm trying to sleep here!" Jake yells.

                                                 "Jake? What the hell are you doing on the couch?" I ask in disbelief.

                                                 "The couch looked too comfy. I couldn't even make it to my room before I passed out on it."

                                                 "What do you mean your room? How did you even get in here?"

                                                 "My keys, duh! Were you drinking last night too?"

                                                 "You gave me your keys when you moved out. You don't live here anymore."

                                                 "Since when? You must have been drinking something...no! You know what? You're on something! What is it? Pills? A Joint?"

                                                  "I'm not high! You moved out last year. It was perfect. That studio apartment on the floor below us just opened up and I wanted Vanessa to move in and---"

                                                  "Whoa, who's Vanessa?"

                                                  "My fiance, you know that. I'm looking for her, do you know where she is?" Before he can even answer, I run to my room. "I can call her!" I hit myself on the forehead. "I can't believe I didn't think of that."

                                                  "Matt's Vanessa? Thats the only Vanessa I know. I don't even think you have her number. We only met her twice." Jake says getting up.

                                                  "Of course I have her number. We're getting married in a year, how can I not have her number."

                                                  "No...Matt's marrying her...Oh I see whats going on!" He says with a shit eating grin. "You like her don't you?! And you had a certain dream with her in it?" He teases.

                                                  "This isn't funny. I didn't dream her up! She's real!" I start losing my cool.

                                                  "Of course she's real. Look." He holds up his phone. I see Matt's, our friend from college, Instagram page. I scroll down to see many pictures of him and Vanessa...my Vanessa. Same hair color, same sparkling eyes.

                 I calmly give him back the phone before walking back into my room. I slide down the back of the door after I close it. This is when I notice that none of her stuff is in my room. The alarm clock she bought for her side of the bed was gone. Her clothes isn't hanging in the closet. Not even the picture I framed of us when I proposed to her in Greece is hanging on the wall anymore. How did I not see this before? Tears start running down my face. The next thing I know, I'm getting hit in the face.

Whoomf!

                     The sound of something soft hitting my face starts to become clearer as I open my eyes. Its about to happen again, but my reflexes kick in and I catch the pillow, mid-air, right before she has a chance to smack me again with it. As my eyes adjust to the light in the room, her face becomes clearer. She's above me, straddling my waist with that familiar smile.

                                                         "Its about time! I've been trying to wake you up for a while now. You must have had a good dream." She says getting off me. I stare at her. "What?"

                                                          I kiss her. "I did have a dream, but it wasn't good."

                                                          Her face falls. "Oh, I'm sorry."

                                                          "I don't want to talk about it." I say as I look down at her left hand to make sure it was all a dream. "I just want to stay here with you."

The End

**Please don't forget to favorite and/or comment if you liked it! Thank you so much!**