I STILL REMEMBER....

Dominic's POV

It was about 2 in the morning. I knew all the guards. They were acquainted with me, but oblivious of my intentions. I went inside and into his study. It was really silly you know, of such a big gangster to keep such vital information in a cheap PC; but you know, that is the proof of their ignorance. These people have only the muscles, not the brains. I found the address of the manufacturers and was about to leave. But suddenly heard a distant giggle. A familiar one. I stood behind the door and tried to figure who it was by looking at the live CCTV footage. And a pretty face popped up on the screen. Beautiful honey coloured skin. Intelligent smirk. Blue eyes, as deep and calm as the ocean itself. J-"I'm least interested in the physical appearance. And I can guess it was Rowena. What next?"

Ro-"I know it's you Dominic. You might be known to the guards, but they work for me. Now come out like a good boy and tell mama what you are hiding." D-"Lo que una noche hermosa y qué bella dama" Ro-"Indeed. Spanish. Romantic. Or cheesy much? What were you doing in the study?" D-"I came over to collect some data of access points for the next assignment. Rosario had sent me." Ro-"You could have turned the lights on. Would have been easier to work." D-"I thought you might be sleeping. Didn't want to disturb you." Ro-"Do you really think you can fool me..." "What's going on between you two?" Ro-"Ah, Rosario. Dominic had come over to meet you, didn't you?" D-"Yes. Definitely. Could we talk somewhere in privacy, Sir?"

Days went by, I forgot the incident. I got involved in getting the cigars delivered to Ricky. You know, it had to be done really slowly and in parts, to remain unnoticed by Rosario. But one night...

D-"What are you doing here?" Ro-"It's freezing outside, can I come inside?" I got her some beer as she warmed herself and accustomed to the place. D-"My question stays..." Ro-"Have you completed the consignment Ricky gave you." D-"How do you know?"