Chapter 28

Still grinning to herself Kimberley makes her way through the house to the spacious room Felicity had claimed as her office.  In her mind the Bradfordian was already redecorating, chucking out the PA’s gaudy gold and red décor and replacing it with something tasteful, something more in keeping with the house’s age and splendor. 

“Something less tarty” she mutters under her breath, “speaking of which…”

Finally reaching the door to the office she gives it a push and it swings open to reveal Felicity, the telephone crooked between her shoulder and ear as she natters to one of her friends whilst filing her nails.

“Ahem!”

The PA’s gaze shoots up and she rolls her eyes, saying goodbye to the person on the other end of the phone before switching her attention back to Kimberley.

“What? Why are you smiling at me like that?”

Kimberley chuckles, feigning innocence,

“Oh I’m sorry, is it making you nervous, you cold-hearted, scheming b!tch?”

“What?!” Felicity’s eyes widen with shock, “you can’t speak to me like that! I’ll ring the tabloids, your career’s going to be over when they find out what a big ol’ dyke their precious Kimberley Walsh is!”

“Read it and weep” Kimberley laughs, chucking the copy of yesterday’s paper onto the PA’s desk.

“Perhaps if you ever kept up with current affairs you’d realise that…how do I put it…oh yeah, you’re shafted! Now get your belongings together and get the fcuk out of my house and my life, you’re fired!!!”

There’s a few moments of silence as Felicity’s eyes flick from the newspaper to Kimberley and back again, her mouth opening and closing like a goldfish.  Finally a nasty smile makes its way onto her face.

“Oh I think you’ve forgotten something, I’ve still got the pictures of you and those two whores on my phone, try explaining that to your beloved fans!”

“That won’t be necessary”

Kimberley spins round to find Cheryl closing the door to the office behind her, a grim look on her face.  The Geordie crosses the room, moving until she’s right at the side of Felicity.

“Give us the phone” she states lowly, holding out her hand.

“No chance…dykes…you sicken me”

Felicity reaches for her bag, screaming in pain as Cheryl grabs her arm, twisting it up behind her back and slamming her head down against the wooden desk.

“You ever dare fcukin’ speak to me or me girlfriend like that again!”

Kimberley stands in complete shock as Cheryl’s expression turns to one of murderous rage, her eyes ablaze with hatred.

“Cheryl!” she cries out, finally finding her voice, “stop! She’ll report you to the police!”

“Not if she knows what’s good for her” Cheryl hisses, twisting Felicity’s arm further, “now give us the fcukin’ phone and perhaps I’ll be kind enough to not break every bone in your scrawny fcukin’ body”

“It’s in my bag” the PA squeals, her face crumpled with pain.

Kimberley reaches into the bag, rooting around until she finds the expensive mobile, paid for with her money no doubt. 

“We’d better not leave this to chance, hope you’ve not got anything of sentimental value on here” Kimberley states bitterly, throwing the phone down to the floor and stamping on it until all that remains is a tangled mess of broken circuits and casing.