III. Carriers of the Seal

Returning to the present state...

Mat opened his eyes as he felt the pressure of the water pulling him to the bottom of the sea.

Must move these hands

Must try harder

Finally, his right hand twitched. Slowly, he tried to reach up, looking at the light that was being reflected from the far surface.

He tried again but he lost all his regained strength as his body started to fall down again.

With his eyes half closed, an image covered the light above him. Someone grabbed his hand, and veins of light traveled from the helper's hand to his, like instilling energy.

Mat blew out the air and started to swim up.

Crawling up to the shore, gasping for air, he laid on his back for a while until he was able to sit up and pull himself back together. He lightly pats his head trying to bring out the water that came into his ear.

He looked around and saw that it was an unfamiliar terrain. This was not the beach where Good Eve's Mansion was.

Realizing that he came from an explosion that threw him to the water, he checked his body for any wounds or injuries, surprisingly, there were none.

Mat stood up and looked around. He was amazed and stunned by this exhibit of paradise-like view and atmosphere.

This is too good to be true, it's like paradise, and it's so beautiful here. From his point of view, he could see that this place looks like a small island, with its crescent shape beach line and land formation.

Is this heaven?

Am I dead?

Wait... someone helped me a while ago, he could still be around here somewhere. Maybe I can ask him where I am.

He trekked the higher ground to look for help.

After a few minutes of wandering around, he saw a huge pillar of black energy beaming up to the sky, and it looks like it is located not far from where he is. He decided to trail the location of the black pillar, but before he even started, he felt a slight rumble on the ground.

An earthquake?

He knelt down and placed his right hand on the ground where his palm can feel the moist and healthy soil.

The shaking is getting stronger...

But what took Mat's attention was this giant shadow creature rushing towards him. "Oh no, what is that creature supposed to be?" It looks like a giant three-headed shadow hound. Its body was like a flowing black smoke and each head had these red round eyes.

"This feeling is so familiar like I've been here before, like a dejavu."

The beast growled and bent back as it prepares to make a leap toward Mat.

Mat crawled back as he started to make a run heading to the trees. He shook his head while running in disbelief at what was happening.

What is going on here, where am I?

He warded off the branches and leaves as he ran further deep into the woods.

Mat stopped and bent as he held to his knees and catches a deep breath.

What was that creature supposed to be?

A loud growl came from behind, and with a swift motion, sharp claws were about to tear his body apart but Mat was able to maneuver around and evaded the sneaky attack.

Now, that was really clo...

But before he got to finish his thought, Mat, once again, rolled forward and stood up quickly in a fighting stance, facing the huge shadow-hound creature that just attempted another attack on him.