Shadow Bound (2)

Bile rose from within the depths of her stomach,  the acidic taste bitter in the back of her mouth

Bile rose from within the depths of her stomach,  the acidic taste bitter in the back of her mouth. The excitement from the night prior faded, anxiety replaced it. So utterly petrified, she could not move her body; cemented to her bed. The ceiling was her only ally, for it did not spin like the rest of the room. All the while, Elisabeth and the other girls slept soundly a mere five feet away from her. Fingal licked her cheek and curled up by her head, purring ever so softly- comforting her the best he was able. Her head did not cease to quiet, though she persistently tried to silence the endless whispers. Fear clung to her as spiders did their webs. What if she fell down the stairs? What if she got lost trying to find her classes? What if her friends from yesterday did not want to talk to her again because she didn't get sorted into their house? What would Oliver do? Her anxiety made tears well in her eyes. She wouldn't be able to face anyone. Boom Boom. Her blood pulsed in her ears.

Unwillingly, she tore the rough polyester comforter away, she couldn't let herself get overwhelmed; the cold air bit at her bare shoulders and feet. Her feet padded softly on the wood floor once they touched the ground. Through the large window across the room, morning light filtered in; its golden ray reaching across the room- touching and illuminating all that it could. The light showered a sense of tranquility on her, creating a halo in her hair. Her chest rose and fell gently, her fingers gingerly resting on the dirtied glass. From her place in the window, Chelsea's eyes drew in the beauty of the glistening lake, as it rested calmly. Its wake-less surface glittered pink fading into a pale purple as the sun rose. It was serene; no form of art nor magic could capture it. Such was home.

"The view from here is stunning," Elisabeth whispered from behind Chelsea. Chelsea resisted the urge to jump from her skin and inhaled deeply. She only nodded in agreement, fearing her voice would disturb the lake; and unleashing the fears she so wished to keep at bay.  

Juno shushed them from her bed, snuggling deeper under her blanket.

In many cases, Fred Weasley was never known to wake up early, let alone on time

In many cases, Fred Weasley was never known to wake up early, let alone on time. Not many of the Weasley boys were, only Percy really. Yet, Lee was surprised to wake early and see Fred attentively adjusting and readjusting his tie.