Shadow Bound (6)

A day had passed but her tear-stained face remained etched in his memory

A day had passed but her tear-stained face remained etched in his memory. He had never thought he would have his attention taken by such a girl. No one has done that yet. In the two months of getting to know her, Fred never thought how important her friendship would be. 

He could not deny her brilliance, her tact, and her grace; all of which shone like stars in the dark of night. She bloody brilliant in every class and most classes seemed to come easy to her. Fred found him enthralled when they shared Potions, he had moved back next to her. She reminded him of Hermione but Chelsea was different. Her eyes captured all who talked to her when she smiled she lit up a room. But the most enthralling thing about her was that she had no idea she did this. She was so unaware of how captivating everyone found her. 

Yet Fred could not stop his blood from heating when he thought of the  All-American boy; He thought it irrational but the ever-changing mood did not cease. She was his friend but her friend gave him a bad feeling; he knew the more Chelsea spent time with him, she was more likely to get hurt; Fred couldn't shake the feeling she already had been. And he feared he would be too late to rescue her when the time came.

"Ya know Fred, ya may just fancy the girl." George joked after getting his brother to talk. The thought had occurred to him, but he had not thought much of it. He had never truly dealt with this before. Every time he was near her, he felt as if he was suffocating. Air left his throat, pulling the pipe close as it left. 

"Come off it," said Fred, looking around to check that they couldn't be overheard, his cheeks warm. "She is with that American, couldn't keep her bloody hands off him the moment they were alone. I don't stand a chance. Plus, she calls me a friend." He shrugged his shoulders.

"You don't know the full story yet," George blurted, "It was just a kiss. Don't get your wand in a twist just yet." George felt for his twin but did not push. Instead, he pushed off from the bed where he was stationed, grabbed his wand, and left. 

"I'll see you at dinner. I'mma bother Lee for the homework in Herbology. I think you need to talk to her, I know Hermione would agree. She told me the same when I didn't know how to talk to Angelina. " 

Fred made a faint sound of acknowledgment before turning back over in bed and groaned.  Watching her cry, the sadness clouding over her made him even more aware of his feelings for her. But, of course, it was too late. Always seemed to be the case. 

Fred thought matters would improve between him and Chelsea, hoping he would get used to the idea of the All-American, but the following day proved how mistaken he was. He could no longer avoid the rest of the school once he was back at lessons - and it was clear that the rest of the school, just like the Gryffindors, thought so highly of the American that he seemed to be everywhere. Unlike everyone else, he seemed the only one not impressed. 

Going to class with the Ravenclaws meant seeing the students from Ilvermorny. Charles never seemed to leave her side during classes. From what his cousin whispered,  hoping he would not hear but did, is that Charles spent more time with her than with anyone. Though she seemed to not enjoy the attention.