Shadow Bound (17)

The tournament had been going on many for hours and there was no sign of Cedric, Charles, or Harry

The tournament had been going on many for hours and there was no sign of Cedric, Charles, or Harry. Students in the stadium grew restless with anticipation, so much so no one left even after Fleur and Viktor returned defeated. Food had been brought out and many sat close to friends, just talking as the minutes passed them by.

Dumbledore and the professor did the same, talking amongst each other. Every now and again Fred watched McGonagall look over her shoulder nervously at the entrance to the maze.  

Fred turned and looked about his friends with something nagging in his mind but he could not place the origin, to him, something was just out of sorts. He noted Elisabeth and Gideon sitting close with Elisabeth dozing on his shoulder. George was in a deep conversation with Angelina Johnson and Lee to his left. Hermione was sitting with Ron in front of him and they seemed to be in a serious debate over something; Hermione had that look on her face. Juno and Lesedi were sitting ways away with other Ravenclaws. Then he turned next to him and the seat was empty-

"Has anyone seen Chelsea?" Fred asked, realizing he hadn't seen her in a while. 

"She said she went to the bathroom, she will be back soon!" Elisabeth muttered sleepily from her spot.

Fred shook his head. Deep down, something didn't feel right. "She said that a long time ago..."

"You know what... bloody hell, I think you are right Fred!" George turned quickly, the look of concern washing over him.

"I wonder if she's okay, it's been hours! She'll want to be here when Charles comes back. Maybe we should look for her-" Fred was saying when a black blur appeared out of nowhere. 

On the ground, before everyone was Harry with one hand on the Tri-wizard cup and his arms looked with Cedric and Charles. All of the boys remained motionless on the ground.

A torrent of sound began to swell around everyone. Voices around them. Fred and George,  Hermione, Ron, and Elisabeth rushed forward. They watched everyone with bated breath. Mrs. Weasley stood clutching Mr. Weasley's sleeve and Fred saw Percy was as pale as a sheet. 

Harry was seized up from the ground by Albus Dumbledore, the cup fell to the ground and Harry crumbled onto the ground, clutching Charles and Cedric tightly. 

 "He's back," Harry whispered. "He's back. Voldemort." 

"What's going on? What's happened?" Cornelius Fudge appeared over Harry; his face looked white, appalled. 

"My God — Diggory!Tanner!" He whispered. "Dumbledore — They're dead!" 

The words were repeated, Fred gasped. As did everyone else around them and then others shouted it — screeched it — into the night — "They're dead!" 

"Charles Tanner dead!" 

"Cedric Diggory! Dead!" 

"Harry, let go of him," Fred heard Fudge command and watched fingers trying to pry him from Cedric and Charles's limp bodies, but Harry wouldn't let them go. Then Dumbledore leaned close to Harry's face."Harry, you can't help these boys now. It's over. Let go. You've brought them home. "