Shadow Bound (4)

The sight before him left an unusual sensation in his chest

The sight before him left an unusual sensation in his chest. He couldn't figure out what it was, but there was this ghostly tightness there and he didn't like it one bit. He had followed her in case she got hurt, Fred knew that even though they had been joking and laughing a mere hour ago jokes don't cure sadness. Deep down he wished they did, but that was hopeful thinking. She hadn't opened up to him about what was making her feel sad but Fred had a feeling it wasn't something small.

Watching his newly formed acquaintance snog his friend left him with flushing cheeks redder than his hair. He heard little of their conversation but saw enough from their interactions that they had some form of history. From a friend's point of view, he worried about her but he did not want to interfere with her personal matters. He turned on his heels, bent his head down, and walked back into the Great Hall where he was met with curious faces and questioning eyes.

The ache in his chest still there.

"Bloody hell, what was that about?" asked Ron as Fred sat down.

"Ron, it is none of your business," Hermione stated, but she couldn't hide her curiosity.

"Saw her snogging that block on the stairs." Fred shrugged, not looking up. He merely pushed the potatoes around his plate. He had lost his appetite.

"WHAT?" Harry's head shot up. His eyes a little wide and cheeks a little red.

"Shhh, Harry! You sound like a shrieking banshee." George nudged the young wizard.

"Harry, I mean think about it, she went to Ilvermorny before coming to Hogwarts. She knows all of them." Hermione looked around her, the Ilvermorny kids sat near them.

"I-I mean, I know that, Hermione. But to snog on the stairs? Of all places?"

George chuckled, "It's better than some places people have been caught. I heard Percy and Penelope Clearwater got caught by the Slytherin Prefect behind the statues near the Transfiguration classroom."

"Oh sod off! No bloody way! Percy? Our brother?" Ron snorted. Fred found himself laughing too.

"Knock it off, Georgie. Percy wouldn't stoop that low. He is the perfect Prefect. Not a wand out of place." Fred laughed harder at the idea. "He left all the trouble for us." Everyone laughed in agreement.

Of course, anytime Fred and George appeared, trouble and chaos followed closely behind them. Not that it bothered anyone their chaos wasn't directed at.

 Not that it bothered anyone their chaos wasn't directed at