Shadow Bound (7)

Life always seemed complicated, even in its simplest moments

Life always seemed complicated, even in its simplest moments. Chelsea tossed and turned that night, waking to the faint ebbing of sunlight filtering through the dirtied window. The sky grey, and tormented with dark storm clouds; all the while thunder boomed and lightning crackled in the distance. Chelsea threw on her comfiest jumper before leaving her roommates asleep and a dismayed Fingal, who had wanted to snuggle longer. But there was no chance of getting any more sleep that morning. 

Hogwarts that morning was still fast asleep; students, faculty, and guests all tired from the first task yesterday. Each champion left the event with large golden eggs. Cho Chang had raced into bustling Ravenclaw common room later that night, telling everyone the egg released an ear wrenching shriek that Cedric had to immediately close it.

"It was worse than Mandrake roots that we worked with during Second year. Some poor first year actually fainted!" She continued to describe the embarrassment and frustration that Cedric felt not understanding what he was given to her close friends, but many, including Elisabeth, overheard and relayed on to others.

"You better give Potter a heads up, wouldn't want to hurt the little Weasel's ears." Juno joked, hanging upside down from her bed.  Juno had a weird tendency to do this in their room after hours, for no particular reason. 

"No shit, Sherlock." Chelsea joked, sitting next to her friend. Juno bumped her head into Chelsea's arm. 

"Who is Sherlock?"  Lesedi asked curiously. Her head cocked to the side in thought.

"A muggle fictional character who is a Detective, Les. We had to read about him in Muggle Studies." Juno pointed out.

"Oh, I don't remember that."

"You slept through most of that class." 

"I didn't like that book much either, I am not into muggle crime novels. However, muggle romance novels! Those are dreamy and lovely. Especially fantasy! They know about magic but not of us and it's so fun to read to see what they believe! I have to admit, it is quite enjoyable but not as enjoyable as seeing a dragon in person. That was amazing, better than any novel. I have always loved learning about them in Care of Magical Creatures but to see them! I want to work with them one day!" She babbled on happily.  

All the girls laughed at this weird behavior and spent the rest of the night buzzing about the task.