Shadow Bound (10)

Following the aftermath of the second task, seems all issues between Ron and Harry had been fixed

Following the aftermath of the second task, seems all issues between Ron and Harry had been fixed. Everyone was keen to hear the details of what had happened under the lake's surface, which meant Ron was getting a share of Harry's limelight. Yet, every time Ron recounted the tale, his version changed. At first, his story matched Hermione's but a week later is changed, with an added theatrical value. Once Hermione scolded him for his wild retelling in front of Padma Patil, he went back to the bewitched sleep version of events.

As February turned to March the weather became drier, but cruel winds skinned their faces every time they went onto the grounds. There were delays in the post because the owls kept being blown off course. Letters from her mother and Elijah arrived with poor an owl who always seemed to have half its feathers sticking up the wrong way; the poor thing flew to rafters so it wouldn't be sent outside again.

Her mother's letter was another apology; as had Elijah's been. This time included a short note from Oliver.

Mom and Dad just told me what's up. I know you have a Hogsmeade weekend soon. Meet me at the Three Broomsticks, at three o'clock Saturday. I will be in the area, and I want to talk with you. I miss you, little sister. 

"So your brother is coming to visit?" Asked Elisabeth rather shyly. 

"It looks like it, doesn't it?" George spoke.

"I can't believe him," Chelsea spit out tensely without thinking, "he doesn't understand..." 

"Doesn't understand what?" Fred asked hesitantly, looking concerned. 

Chelsea folded up the letter, shaking her head. If she was honest with herself, she really wanted to confide in her brother. But what if sharing anything with him put him in danger, then Chelsea couldn't. She didn't know how much he actually knew.  She, therefore, approached the final lesson of the afternoon- double Divination- feeling considerably more miserable than she usually did when ascending the steps to the Divination classroom.

This was one of the few classes she did not take with any of her friends that year, Chelsea usually found herself at a table in the back. Once Trelawney had her back turned to her, talking about the telling signs of doom, Chelsea pulled a copy of Witch Weekly from her bag and hastily rifled through the pages. She had heard snippets of awful snickers as she walked through the halls that day. In the center pages, a color photograph of Harry headed a short piece entitled:

Harry Potter's Secret Heartache

"Oh goodness, what a nasty column." Chelsea's partner whispered, breaking Chelsea's concentration.   

"Poor Hermione..." Chelsea sighed. Her partner nodded before focusing back on Professor Trelawney. The lesson dragged on, and Chelsea regretted not paying attention earlier. It seemed like doom was seen everywhere. Ravens, crows, type of cloud formations, owls, broken glass, and arrangement of drunken tea leaves.