Shadow Bound (15)

Voldemort moved in slow motion, admiring and acknowledging the fluidity of his movements, and his new, strong strides

Voldemort moved in slow motion, admiring and acknowledging the fluidity of his movements, and his new, strong strides. He flexed his fingers and shifted from foot to foot, testing the basics of his new body. He ran his hands over his face, inhaling deeply, cocking his head towards the clouded sky. His red eyes gleamed, and his expression rapt; near bordering a faint definition of happiness. He took no notice to Wormtail who laid on the ground whimpering and bleeding.

Chelsea watched the poor man lay shivering and shaking. Harry hadn't moved, staring in shock at the situation before him. His green eyes wide and his skin pale as the moon. She watched his eyes go back and forth between Cedric, Charles, his wand, and the portkey; behind the shock, he was trying to find a way out of this mess.

Voldemort slipped his hand into the depths of his robe and withdrew his wand. He held the dark caramel yew wand gingerly, caressing close to him, almost adoringly. Chelsea could sense the power swirling around him and feared the wand in his hand; it gave off a rare aura, absolutely drenched in death and sorrow. Shivers traveled down her spine.

Voldemort raised his wand slowly, staring directly at Wormtail and with a mirthful chuckle, threw the injured man against the headstone where Harry was tied up; Wormtail fell at the foot of the grave with a damp whimpering thump and laid there crumpled and defeated, he made no motion to move. Voldemort turned to Harry, his red eyes taking in the boy before him.

"Oh Harry, my dear boy. It has been so long. Three years it seems." Voldemort said nonchalantly as he bent down and pulled out Wormtail's left arm and forced his sleeve past his elbow. Even from a distance, Chelsea saw the puckered red tattoo- the same one her mom had. The Dark Mark. Voldemort pressed a long finger on Wormtail's brand.

The whimpering man let out a fresh howl, and beside her, Rookwood grimaced, releasing her to grab his arm and Lucius Malfoy let a hiss pass through his tightly drawn lips. Chelsea watched Harry's face contort in pain. All the while her fingers tingled, sensation slowly coming back. It seemed to be ebbing its way up from her fingers and toes as the sensation began to travel up her arms and legs. Pins and needles prickled uncomfortably over her body. 

"They will have all noticed it and soon we shall see.. shall know who will come back to me," Voldemort whispered softly to the night. With a look of cruel satisfaction, Voldemort straightened and laughed. The mark on Wormtail's arm was black as the sky around them.

"Master, please... please... you promised... you did... I did as I was told..." Wormtail sniveled through his tears. 

Voldemort ignored Wormtail's inconsolable weeping.

Chelsea watched Voldemort pace between Harry and Wormtail, his eye sweeping the graveyard; watching and waiting. He smiled cruelly at Harry. All Chelsea wanted to do was free Harry and run from here but all she could do was watch- she had never felt this hopeless.

Chelsea's eyes landed on the lifeless bodies of Cedric and Charles and it took everything in her to keep the welling tears in her eyes to keep from cascading down her cheeks.