Shadow Bound (13)

The mood in the castle as they entered June became excited and tense again

The mood in the castle as they entered June became excited and tense again. As the third task neared, Harry and Charlie were practicing hexes and counters at every available moment. Harry felt more confident about this task than either of the others, even friends knew it too. Harry had always managed to find his way past monstrous creatures and enchanted barriers before now, and this time he had some notice, some chance to prepare himself for what lay ahead. Tired of walking in on Harry, Hermione, and Ron all over the school, Professor McGonagall had given them permission to use the empty Transfiguration classroom at lunchtime, Charlie and the others coming to support and practice themselves.

"You both are doing well," Hermione encouraged, looking down her list and crossing off spells both off her list they had learned. "Some of these are bound to come in handy."

"Bloody hope so..." Charlie muttered under his breath. Harry had been kicking his arse for half an hour and he was exhausted. He wiped sweat from his brow, looking for Chelsea. She had disappeared a half-hour ago and hadn't returned. Fred and George lounged in their seats, scribbling away furiously on parchment. 

"Come and look at this," Ron said, he was standing by the window. He had been staring out onto the grounds. "What's Chelsea doing with Malfoy?"

Everyone quickly rose to see. Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle were standing in the shadow of a tree below. Crabbe and Goyle seemed to be keeping lookout; both smirking. Malfoy and Chelsea were in a vicious confrontation. Chelsea looked ready to attack Malfoy. 

"How do they even know each other?" Harry asked curiously.

"That's what we'd like to know," Fred said, "I know everyone knows what a git Malfoy is, but this looks personal."

"Bloody fucking hell!" Ron gasped. Chelsea slapped Malfoy across the face, a red palm print evident on his pale skin. Chelsea stormed away with Malfoy screaming after her. 

"We have to find her!" Charlie turned on his heels towards the door, about to make a dash for it.

"Hold up, mate," Fred said, "We all know she has been dealing with a lot recently, and who knows how they know each other. Chelsea may have known him before transferring here and she won't take kindling to us having spied in on that moment, as much as it was bloody awesome. Git deserved it."

"Agreed. Come on, you two," Hermione added briskly, turning away from the window, moving back into the middle of the room, "you two aren't done yet."